Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,901   Posts: 1,521,094   Online: 994

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just recently I've been travelling around South Wales and took just one lens the Canon FD 28-85mm f4 zoom attached to a Canon T90 in a Lowe pro zoomster case and a light meter,I found it to be an ideal combination in that it was light, versatile and able to handle most focal lengths that I would need for normal shooting.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take a Leica with a 50mm lens and losts of film. I'd take the Olympus XA as a back up.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    Take a Leica with a 50mm lens and losts of film. I'd take the Olympus XA as a back up.
    Gonna hijack my own thread.

I'm a bit of a nascent tool freak (I own 5 Estwing hammers) and for the last few weeks I've been flirting with buying a late M3, perhaps because I've not the sense not to. Also because I'm convinced Leica will eventually stop production of film bodies; they're too small of a company and just can't spread themselves too thin. If that happens prices for M3s will take off even for a beater. Thought it would be better to get one now. It's still an 'angst' purchase but at least the price would be tolerable.

Lenses are another matter. They're always so expensive. I'd have to settle on just one, probably the 50 Summicron. No Asph, no APO. Or I'd get the 35 Summicron straight and keep the frame lines in my brain. In any case, for the price of a lens alone I could hire someone to carry my Nikkors in Europe for a week. Then I wouldn't have to worry about what lenses to bring.
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With the 50 Sumicron you are all set up
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For traveling I carry a Leica M4-P with a 35/2 Summicron, 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit and a 21/4 CV Color Skopar. Compact, light and covers most possibilities.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I also use an M4-P with the CV 21/4 for travel and it handles with aplomb. Not too fast - basically any night photography is out, but f8 with the focus at 2m and anything you can't touch is in focus. Took it on a trip to Thailand/Cambodia and it was great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I were travelling with a F3 and FM2, I would pack a 24 f2.8, 28 f2.8, 50 f1.8 (it's a little bit lighter than the 1.4) and the 105 f2.5.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm also going traveling for a bit. I've decided to bring my om4ts instead of my f3hps, mainly because of weight. I'm packing a 28f2, 50f1.4, and two third party zooms (though I do not use zooms often) a series 1 19-35f3.5, and a tokina atx 35-70f2.8. I am also brining the fuji gw690. One high speed flash for the oly. And my lightmeter.

Film is taking the rest of the space up. About 70rolls of 120 and 60 of 35mm. the 35 is more compact out if the boxes but you can't do much about the 120 propacks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344784949.050193.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	55273

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin