Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,660   Posts: 1,623,852   Online: 1046

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

How many Nikons?

FM3a, F4, F5, D200, D800.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    F with plain prism
    F2 photomic
    FM
    FE10 (traded it a couple of months ago for some darkroom accessories. Actually it only paid part of the bill.)
    F100
    All of the manual Nikons above accept Non-AI lenses which I have in different focal lengths. The F and F100 are used most of the time, because the F received a CLA lately and the F100 for a couple of VR and macro lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just increased the arsenal by one more. I got an FG-20 on Ebay, it should arrive in a week or so. It joins two FGs, an FM2n, a Nikomat, a Nikkormat, and an N2000. Years ago I sold my N50, but that's the only one I didn't care for.
    I confess I'm a gear nut within my price range. ;)
    Nikon FM2n, FG, FG20, N2000, Nikkormat, Olympus Stylus Epic
    Minox 35EL, Voigtlander Bessa-L
    Yashica-D TLR 6x6, Seagull TLR 6x6
    Agfa Isolette 6x6, Welmy 6x6
    Kodak Tourist 6x9 Anaston lens
    http://www.wendelstout.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thinning out the herd: Traded in two of my F2As toward a 120mm Makro for the Blads (extension tubes will be the next item on the list) and gave my 18 year-old niece an F3HP (motorless) to encourage her interest in black and white analog (poor, misguided soul has been shooting digital for about three years). And...pulled a pair of F2s from active use and committed them to "parts duty"...
    Last edited by BradleyK; 01-14-2013 at 09:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Some Nikons (F6, F5x2, F3P, F3HP, F2ASx4, F2A, F2 and a D800), with Ai/Ais Nikkors ranging from 15mm to 600mm; Leicas (M6X2), with Leitz glass from 28 to 90mm and a pair of Hasselblads (500c/ms), with Zeiss glass from 50 to 250mm. A bit of stuff for a no-longer practicing professional, but justifiable for a now-converted hobbyist who absolutely loves taking/making pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How many Nikons?

Two F2's now (silver and black), one F3 and an FM2. Power winders for all! Bulky but work so well...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    F80, F90, D40, D90

I've been meaning to get a manual focus Nikon and the Nikon rangefinders look interesting.
    cities & citizens - edmonton street photography (mostly), 100% film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    Do you ever find the autofocus brackets in the F6 to be distracting? I've read that the D3 has "disappearing" autofocus brackets which aren't etched into the focusing screen, so they can be hidden.
    I have never had an issue with the autofocus brackets on the F6, although my preference is for minimal "clutter" on the screen. What did take some getting used to, though, was having the meter display on the vertical axis rather than the horizontal like previous F-series cameras.
    Some Nikons (F6, F5x2, F3P, F3HP, F2ASx4, F2A, F2 and a D800), with Ai/Ais Nikkors ranging from 15mm to 600mm; Leicas (M6X2), with Leitz glass from 28 to 90mm and a pair of Hasselblads (500c/ms), with Zeiss glass from 50 to 250mm. A bit of stuff for a no-longer practicing professional, but justifiable for a now-converted hobbyist who absolutely loves taking/making pictures.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Just the F3 with MD-4 for now. I kind of want to have an extra one eventually maybe an HP model.

However the next one I'm going to be buying is probably going to be the FM2n (after the nice long discussion we had here ) (if that one doesn't work our for me then it'll be an F4 for me)
    - Abram

Mamiya 7II / Hasselblad 500CM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the present time: FE2, F2A, F3HP, N80, F100... (+ D200, D90).

Gerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How many Nikons?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry M View Post
    At the present time: FE2, F2A, F3HP, N80, F100... (+ D200, D90).

Gerry
    Nice collection there Gerry! I had the F80S once (an Asian market version of the N80 with the ability to print the vital info on the negs). I remember being so excited to get it when it was newly introduced on a trip to HK when I lived in Beijing. Really liked it and honestly cannot remember why I sold it. Might have been when I transitioned to more manual SLRs and went Contax SLRs for a while (before again re-acquiring Nikons but this time older ones with older glass). Ha. Still have the Contaxes too! (RX, RTS, RTSII, Yashica FX-3). Sigh.....it's hopeless....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin