Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,452   Online: 997

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have one that I got from ebay, and FG that will hopefully arrive this week. I chose it in part because, being a Nikon, I have a least 2 sigma lenses I bought for my DSLR that should work great with it, especially since they have manual aperture settings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At last count: Nikon F, F Photomic Tn, Photomic Ftn, two F2's, one F2s, Two F3HPs (one on a motor drive), one FM2, one N90s and two Nikkormat FTns.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    2 Bronicas, Mamiya 645, mamiya RB6X7 Pro S, 2 Nikon F, 2 Nikon F2 with Motors, 2 Nikon F3 with Motors, 2 Nikon F4, 5 Nikkormats, Nikon D90, Nikon D200, 2 Nikon FM2, 2 Nikon FE, 2 Nikon FM, 2 Nikon FM3a
    Forgot 2F90X. 1 N8008s
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I have an F2 with a DP-1 head and a D5100

I really want to pick up a DP-12 head and maybe a F5 or F6 eventually but to be honest I feel like the F2 is all I really need

I'm not sure how I would handle it if it got damaged or lost/stolen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Down to two! F3HP w/MD-4 and an EL2 w/winder. Sold my last two black F's (FTN w/F-36 drives). Haven't owned a F2 in years. Good camera all.

Dang, forgot the autofocus N90s.........don't know if autofocus really counts.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikons

Mr.Machold,who used to be the owner of world's #1 dealer in old Italian violins of the same name,had an apartment in NYC.

He had a roomful of glass cabinets which were filled with ALL kinds of Nikon cameras,lenses and every accessaries for Nikons ever made,all brand new.

There were literally thousands of them.

In one corner, there were about 30 cameras he actaully used at least once.

I don't think anyone had more complete collection of Nikons other than possibly,Nikon company itself.

Unfortunately,he was indicted for many frauds and fined 200 million euros and he is in jail now.
    Last edited by chung; 06-02-2012 at 11:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Right now, four. Two black F2AS bodies, a black F FTn, and a chrome Nikomat FTn. The most I've owned, all at once, would've been 13, back in January 2006. Had a chrome early F with waistlevel, two black F2A's, an F3HP, F3P, F4s, two Nikkormat FT2's, two FM's, two FM2n's, and a black Nikomat FTn that was used as a donor for one of the FT2's.

Over the years, I've owned around 155 Nikon bodies, starting out with a chrome Nikomat FTn that my dad gave me for doing chores around the house. The explosion of Nikon bodies didn't occur until January 2005, when prices of film gear plummeted.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 50/1.4 AI, 80-200/4.5 AI, 85/1.8 K, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    A few:
    Action Touch point and shoot.
    Two black FE2s... one is mint, and one is a user. I'm quite fond of the little things.
    An FG that sees no use.
    an FM with a broken meter.
    And my latest... an F4s. It's a beast, but I think I like it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I remember reading (a long time ago, admittedly) an article in Modern Photography about a photojournalist in Russia who, because of the shortage of Western goods, never passed up an opportunity to acquire another Nikon if one happened by. At the time of the article he had 17. That might beat anyone here who is not a serious collector but just has a bad case of GAS. The point is: what is the point of threads like this one?
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It proves the point that there are many, many people here who love film photography and Nikon cameras. The other point I believe it points to is that as our beloved Nikons get older and older, many of us are starting to think that just one FE or FA or F or F2 isn't enough....we must have a working spare or two or three.

Since essentially what stock of any film camera is out there is basically it forever, if an opportunity presents itself to buy a piece of history and a mechanical marvel, we MUST buy it if we have the funds. For myself, I would like an F2 or variant or two, and an F3 or two. To bad everyone else has figured out they are wonderful machines too.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin