Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,870   Online: 881

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    What would be absolutely fantastic is if somebody managed to realize a LED or fluorescent tiny lamp which fits the lamp screw of existing slide projectors. A LED or fluorescent lamp would be relatively cold and we know the problems the heat causes to the slide: ageing during projection, and deformation (center goes out of focus, if it is refocused, edges go out of focus).

The diapod looks nice at first but you have to change each single slide by hand, which frankly doesn't make much sense for photographic purposes. People don't project one slide. They project a series of 100 or several hundreds.

We know how boring can a bed slide projection be (the heat, the dark, makes you very sleepy) imagine if you had to wait each time for manual insertion in sleeve, manual extraction from sleeve, ops it's upside down let me retry, etc.

EDIT: the diapod can be very nice for long continuous projection of one slide. Imagine a shop projecting, by night, its logo on the pavement, and not taxes to pay for luminous signs I suppose.

In a concert hall, a slide could be produced to show the movements which will be played, so that you don't have all those idiots making their evening "program" rustle at every new number or movement because they have to check whether the second movement is "Andante" or "Largo" and the third is "Allegro con brio" or "Allegro vivace". Who cares man! Just listen and don't produce noises! Or you can watch the slide projected behind the performer!

Fabrizio

PS If I weren't so lazy I'd have founded the League for the Abolition of the Programma di sala, or how you call it, the small booklet with the description of the pieces to be played during the evening.
    Last edited by Diapositivo; 05-14-2012 at 02:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It struck me as "why didn't somebody come up with this idea years ago?". It's stylish, functional, adaptable and does the trick. But just one slide? Ummm... Hmm, I'd be looking at something like a cassette holding 50-100 slides, carousel-style. As it stands, it is something I would buy based on innovation value, with style a close second. I like it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the longest time, slide projectors and magic lanterns would only show one picture at a time.

We all know Don Draper invented the Carousel in 1963.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    For the longest time, slide projectors and magic lanterns would only show one picture at a time.

We all know Don Draper invented the Carousel in 1963.
    Well, slides were mounted in stripes of 6 or so, the slides were kept by a cardboard frame which had 6 positions. That made projections feasible with simple slide projectors. I had one such projectors at home when I was a child.

But in 2012 I don't think many slide users would frame their slides in stripes of 6.

Would you organize a slide projection at your place by changing the slides one by one?
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post

Would you organize a slide projection at your place by changing the slides one by one?
    Yes, if that's all I had. It takes two seconds to change a slide. You have to load and unload the carrier anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My vintage 6x6 projector only holds one slide at a time. It's not a huge deal, and makes you slow down a bit. With 80 slides on my Ektagraphic I have a tendency to rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Yes, if that's all I had. It takes two seconds to change a slide. You have to load and unload the carrier anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin