Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,979   Online: 870

Shooter
    Multi Format

DOES IT EXIST? Nikon lens to Minolta MC/MD mount adapter?

First lemme say: I've googled around to no avail. Everyone, it seems, makes a Minolta-lens-to-Nikon-body adapter.

The thing is, and don't hang me for this, I find the build quality of the Minolta SRT-series to be better than that of the Nikon F series... Lemme qualify that by saying that I'm totally in love with my meterless F right now.

But I have a bunch of Nikon glass, and I like it.

Is this a possible adaptation? Does the adapter exist? Am I unstable for even asking?

IO

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw one at an Amazon site, but uses a balance lens. Considering how inexpensive Minolta MD glass is I would just buy a set of MD glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But the flange-to-film distance for Nikon is GREATER than that of Minolta--meaning that you should be able to make an adapter WITHOUT a lens... Also, I couldn't find one on amazon--maybe you found the reverse? Minolta lens on Nikon?

Yeah--were I a rich man, I'd just get two sets of glass, but I'm a starving college student. Alas, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    The flange-to-film distance on the Minolta is only 43.5mm and Nikon's is 46.5mm, so in theory it's possible to do this without optics, except... I'm not sure if there is enough room inside the Minolta mount to physically accept the Nikon lens. The only adapters I've seen are to put Minolta MD lenses on Nikon F bodies, and these do have optics.

EDIT - at one point I was going to swap the K-mount on a Pentax K-1000 body with a Nikon F-mount taken from an extension tube. I never did it because I've pretty much moved away from 35mm. But, if you have no plans to buy Minolta glass, maybe you could just modify the Minolta camera body?
    Last edited by rthomas; 05-11-2012 at 03:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Why don't you just use a Nikkormat?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    The flange-to-film distance on the Minolta is only 43.5mm and Nikon's is 46.5mm, so in theory it's possible to do this without optics, except... I'm not sure if there is enough room inside the Minolta mount to physically accept the Nikon lens. The only adapters I've seen are to put Minolta MD lenses on Nikon F bodies, and these do have optics.

EDIT - at one point I was going to swap the K-mount on a Pentax K-1000 body with a Nikon F-mount taken from an extension tube. I never did it because I've pretty much moved away from 35mm. But, if you have no plans to buy Minolta glass, maybe you could just modify the Minolta camera body?
    With the lens effectively extended an extra 3mm how you gonna achieve infinity without the extra lens?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    With the lens effectively extended an extra 3mm how you gonna achieve infinity without the extra lens?
    His theory doesn't include optics.
    I wasn't going to respond to this thread, however several have chimed in with similar posts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by teleugeot;1341964[B
    ]But the flange-to-film distance for Nikon is GREATER than that of Minolta--meaning that you should be able to make an adapter WITHOUT a lens...[/B] Also, I couldn't find one on amazon--maybe you found the reverse? Minolta lens on Nikon?

Yeah--were I a rich man, I'd just get two sets of glass, but I'm a starving college student. Alas, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.
    How?? How do you get infinity without optics in the adapter? If you are a starving college student, why are you spending on multiple camera systems?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think his original post was not worded correctly and he actually wants to put nikon lenses on a minolta body.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin