Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,537,009   Online: 1181

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Instant Films
    YASHICA FX3!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think all Rollei TLRs and Rollei SL66. Prices of good SL66 stuff are already going up. Used Hasselblad V cameras can be had for very reasonable money today, but they are destined to become classics without a doubt. Canon EOS 30/Elan 7 is one of the most sought after EOS cameras. I think they will become classics too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji folders and large 6x9 rangefinders. As they are still making the smaller mf folders the big rangefinders are unique and only dated from the 80s.

Any Chinese camera, as that economy is steaming on, over time there maybe a large market of collectors who would want Chinese made cameras because of national heritage, or the handwork that goes into some of them. The large format cameras and medium format slr's and tlrs such as from seagull.

There is already a large collectors market in china for art and luxury goods, outside of china strong national brands such as seagull have a small market of collectors for other items such as watches of the higher calibers or kitsch design . This could be the same for cameras in time such as Russian cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With the trend in the way people capture and print images, if a camera isn't already considered a classic I doubt it will obtain that status in the future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Canon T90 that although only manufacture for a short time it was the design and concept that nearly all the subsequent modern 35mm S.L.R.s both film and digital ones are based on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_T90 Before 1986 S.L.R.s didn't look like that.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 05-12-2012 at 07:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Canon T90 that although only manufacture for a short time it was the design and concept that nearly all the subsequent modern 35mm S.L.R.s both film and digital ones are based on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_T90 Before 1986 S.L.R.s didn't look like that.
    Great camera alright,but try to get one with a working shutter!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    Great camera alright,but try to get one with a working shutter!
    I have three Canon T90s all with working shutters, I was given two of them because the shutters "didn't work" they need to be used regularly to prevent the shutter magnets from becoming magnetized and sticking, a couple of bangs of the camera base plate on the carpet freed them, and they have worked ever since probably because I use them regularly .
    Last edited by benjiboy; 05-12-2012 at 09:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would include the Canon A-1 in this category. I've owned one for 30 years now. Still a very enjoyable camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about the Nikon F100 and the Contax 137. The Nikon, although autofocus, was an excellent marriage of the electronic everything, yet still was a good, reliable workhorse instrument. The Contax, with built in motor drive, Zeiss lenses and auto exposure has been one of my favorite machines for speed, weight and mobility in the 35mm universe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rolleiman View Post
    As for the suggestion re. the OM1 & 2, I'm less convinced. I've had experience of these in professional use, I'm of the opinion Olympus didn't develop these over a period of time.......the OM1 suffered through the limitation of a 1/60th flash sync.....and was generally found by professionals to be not "tough" enough for heavy use...
    I agree that the Olympus OM1 was not tough enough for heavy use and it did not handle well due to the location of its shutter control. However, I included the Olympus OM1 in my list of 35mm classics because:

1. I think it has a very classic appearance.
    2. Its innovative small size and lightweight was so popular that it influenced other manufacturers to copy.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin