Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,802   Online: 837

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Topcon RE Super/Super D/Super DM
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Pentax Spotmatic - although, arguably, it is already considered a classic.

I think the Nikon FM3A may one day achieve classic status.

Shooter
    35mm
    Im becoming classic too lool.
    I think most cameras listed above are just old not classic.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Photo Technique magazine published a list every year that addresses the same question. There was always TLR's, Graflexes, Nikon F's, Canon F's, Leica, Contax and some odds and ends on the list every year. It has changed over time somewhat to reflect new models that have become the newer classics. I would say that the term reflects the ones that have proven themselves thru simple great engineering and which still draw new users to this day. Look back in time and see what was being shot on the battlefield or in the news industry and you'll have a pretty good idea of the more popular ones.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only time will tell.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I nominate the Minolta Autocord. All the camera's can be operated with the right hand while being held in the left hand. And of course there's the awesome 75mm Rokkor lens up front. Since I got mine back from Karl Bryan, it has become my favorite TLR. For 35mm, the Minolta XE-7 is pretty sweet as are the Spotmatics.
    Last edited by Zathras; 05-13-2012 at 06:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon F,F2,F3,FA,FM,FM2,FE,FE2,FM3A
    Minolta SRT101,102,XE,XK,XD
    Canon F-1,A-1
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yashica TL Electro X ITS for its innovative (at the time) step-less electronically-controlled shutter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    I nominate the Minolta Autocord. All the camera's can be operated with the right hand while being held in the left hand. And of course there's the awesome 75mm Rokkor lens up front. Since I got mine back from Karl Bryan, it has become my favorite TLR. For 35mm, the Minolta XE-7 is pretty sweet as are the Spotmatics.

Entirely agree with the Minolta Autocord. I have had one for years, and in my opinion, it is the one Japanese twins lens reflex that can match the Rolleiflexes for lens quality.

The Pentax Spotmatic, I mentioned this in my original post, is probably discounted my many because of its slower screwthread lens mount and lack of motordrive capability, but the Pentax Takumar lenses are excellent, and the camera fits the hand beautifully; everything seems to fall into the right place, definitely a classic for the thinking, contemplative type photographer who still believes in the "decisive moment" of film exposure, rather then the 10 frames a second types, who just press the button hoping one or two will hit the mark.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Konica T
    Miranda EE, shutter spead priority, interchangable viewfinder average and spot meter.
    Miranda Dx, one of the worse camera made.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin