Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,570   Posts: 1,545,494   Online: 1210

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Images
    I understand some extra to ship accross borders because you do have to spend some extra time filling in forms. BUT, what a lot of places charge is close to criminal. In 02 it cost less to ship my Hartblei from Ukraine to the states, than it did to ship something to me in Vancouver from the states when we were on vacation.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BUT, what a lot of places charge is close to criminal.
    That's a fact. How could it cost $106 to put 4 batteries in an envelope and send them regular mail ? And it wasn't a temporary flaw with the billing soft ware because I tried with only 1 battery and the price for S&H was over $100. Do people actually see what their computers are trying to charge people ? Not likely.

And thanks MATTKING for the tip but I found some of the bargain batteries won't last until lunch time and the Duracell or Energizer will last for months with full useage

Shooter
    35mm
    You can list eBay auctions showing item price and shipping cost, and you can order the results by their sum, ascending order. This way you will filter out the scammers.

In case you push the "I accept" button once too much, you can always not pay and immediately write a negative comment on the scammer exposing his dubious commercial practices. You can actually make a new username for this activity. The scanner will have to make a new username as well.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anytime I go shopping online, I don't place my order until I know exactly how much I'm paying. Some Ebayer sellers are pretty honest. I've gotten refunds because the shipping is actually less that calculated on the site. There shouldn't be markup on shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just remember that shipping Lithium(Li-Ion,Li-Po) batteries via USPS is NO LONGER ALLOWED. You have to use UPS/FEDEX/DHL now, or another carrier that allows shipment of Li-Ion batteries in packages.

sad, but true

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't checked my local store recently, but here in the US, Ace Hardware lists a Duracell 28L and a Duracell 28A online. The A (Alkaline) version highlights "Medical" but admits to photo uses also. It shows as $6.49. The 28L is a lithium version that is $10-something. Last year I bought a PX28A in my local Ace for $5.79 as I recall. The A versions seem to be fine in my Canon A-1 and Bronica SQ-A -- in fact Bronica recommended against the lithiums for the SQ-A as being too variable in specs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Earlier this week I bought a Kodak KS-28 silver oxide battery at Unique Photo in NJ for $6.95. They had a less expensive alkaline battery but did not have any lithium batteries. I would have preferred the lithium battery if only for its long shelf life. I use the size in Canon A-1, Canon F-1N, Bronica ETR/SQ/GS-1 and Minox 35 EL cameras. It gets the most use in the Bronica cameras. I don't remember whether I have tried a lithium in the Bronicas. In cold weather a silver oxide battery should work better than an alkaline. If a remote battery pack for the Bronicas was not sold it should be possible to make one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin