Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,837   Online: 870

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Battery Bargain ??

I thought I had a very good deal on batteries for my Canon & Mamiya cameras until I expected them to ship them to my address. Good thing I rechecked the order before confirming it. Bit much for regular mail don't you think ???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Battery bargain005.tif.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	51003

Maybe the $20 price I was paying here for 1 battery is actually a good deal
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 05-14-2012 at 04:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been seeing a lot of that lately. Great price till you see the rip off for shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I get these Chinese dog collar batteries for my RZ and my Canon F1 on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pack-New-...ht_3806wt_1016

Shipping FREE from the People's Republic.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    how long do they last?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They last a while. I'm not sure as long as Duracells. I put them in my RZ during my day long winter hike. But they're so cheap just carry spares in your camera bag. I used to pay $6 for my Duracells these are a way better deal.

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    There was an Amazon dealer a while ago who had Tri-X 36 exposure for $1.50 a roll - shipping was $5.25 a roll within the USA. I might need to order some of those batteries for my RZ.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A lot of this shipping overcharge is being done by sellers through Amazon.

If you purchased through them you need to contact their fraud dept..
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    They last a while. I'm not sure as long as Duracells. I put them in my RZ during my day long winter hike. But they're so cheap just carry spares in your camera bag. I used to pay $6 for my Duracells these are a way better deal.
    I've been paying about $9 each for mine,one for the RZ and one for the light meter.Nice find!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When looking for this particular battery I found better deals when looking for a non-photo use where it was half the price for an identical battery. As soon has Photo was added to the package it was worth more? I can order 5 and get a free key chain light delivered here for less than $35. As long as that damn Energizer bunny doesn't get in my way I should be happy.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 05-14-2012 at 11:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is an example of the sort of eBay bargains that are actually bargains: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-PX28-28A-A...0ad5ba4b8#shId

$5.00 shipping to Canada.

Posted as a typical example only.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin