Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,445   Online: 815

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yashinon 1:1.8 55mm in Yashica Pentamatic mount - worth to try?

Hello,

I recentrly got two lenses with dead Yashica Penamatic body.
    They are Yashinon 1:1.8 55mm and Spiratone F2.8 135mm.
    Those lenses suppose to be rare to find..

So the question is does it worth to buy pentamatic body or I should just sell those lenses.
    What is interesting about Spiratone is that it has 17! aperture blades. I never ever seen anything like that.
    Is there anything special about those lenses? Maybe amazing bokeh or super sharpens etc.

Google did not give me many answers.

Thank You!

Victor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know anything about the spiratone lens. They were usually a budget item. However I have a Tair 11a (Russian) 135mm 2.8 with 20 blades in the aperature. Sharp as a tack, and great bokeh. 17 blades should be more than enough as well. I've always had good luck with Yashica's lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A good working Pentamatic body is almost impossible to find or service. They were made for a short time before Yashica standardized on the screw-mount bodies, which later gave way to the C/Y mount, and finally, the Y-AF mount.
    The lenses you have are not bad, but nothing extraordinary.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You can find adapters for the Pentamatic mount to M42 and other mounts. So, why not give it a try?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin