Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,966   Online: 943

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Enjoy!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic2007 View Post
    May i ask, why is the F3 so popular? I have the Fm3a and i think its great and latest, but the f3 is what photographers talk most about.
    Some like the F3 some like the other F series cameras like F, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6 etc... and I do agree each has its own pro and con. To me the F3 has a nice balance between features and quality among all the F's. But the FM3a is not comparable to the F3 as it's in another class of camera. It's may be the latest and greatest among the FM/FE series of cameras but it's not in the same league as the F's.

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations Sir! Hope you enjoy using the F3 for many years!
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic2007 View Post
    May i ask, why is the F3 so popular? I have the Fm3a and i think its great and latest, but the f3 is what photographers talk most about.
    Likely because there were quite a few more F3's sold and it is more available today at prices less then the FM3A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Nice find!

I would love to know where this store is. Or even just see some pictures of the interior. Camera stores like that are a vanishing breed...
    I've been asked that by many. But I would feel far too intrusive taking photos in their place. I imagine they are self conscious about it, and it really is messy to the point of being rather gross. Boxes of kitty litter on the counter etc...
    The store is in Tokyo.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    I take it you are in Japan since your location is Tokyo: the Japanese are still nuts over film cameras and I was thinking about selling a relatively rare camera in a Japanese store. My daughter is travelling there in September and I might have her take it. can you suggest a good store

David
    If it is an older classic camera there are lots of stores that specialize in them, especially in the Ginza area. Sales prices tend to be extremely high. But when they buy cameras from people they typically only give you 50% of their intended sales price. You can usually get more money on the internet.

A large, trustworthy place that handles all sorts of cameras and buys at reasonably good prices is Map Camera in Shinjuku. I never buy from them because they are expensive but they have the biggest inventory of any used camera store in Tokyo.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great buy! I hope you enjoy it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    wow, well done, great fortune.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lovely story, and that shop must be fascinating too, pure nostalgia.
    Enjoy your new camera!
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    Instant Films
    The only thing you will likely need is new light seals. But, what a great find! I love my F3HP/MD4 combo. Gorgeous camera.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin