Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,288   Online: 1109

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Brand New Nikon F3!

I know an old guy who has what is probably the messiest, most cluttered camera shop in the entire world. (I really don't think I'm exaggerating at all!) A couple years ago he effectively retired but still hangs out in his store all the time and the shelves are loaded with unsold merchandise. Previously he gave me a brand new Bronica ETRs. Today he gave me an unused Nikon F3. It has been on display in a show window but looks fabulous. He was worried it wouldn't work but I popped some batteries in it and found that it works just fine. It came with the 35/2.8 lens. Can't wait to run some film through it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08063.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	564.4 KB 
ID:	51356
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Great story! Congrats!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nice score!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hope you will end up loving your F3 as I do mine.

Its heavy, cumbersome (with the MD4 motor drive), and battery dependent. But I love it.

Tried to replace it with simpler and lighter cameras - both SLR and range-finder. They do not feel as powerful and confidence boosting as th F3.

The closest I got to loving a replacement is augmenting with an RB67 - I also truely love.

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Both are heavy, cumbersome, and quirky. But confidence inspiring tools.

Happy shooting,

I.candide
    Dangerous to oneself

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice find!

I would love to know where this store is. Or even just see some pictures of the interior. Camera stores like that are a vanishing breed...

Shooter
    35mm
    Best camera ever made (and I'm sure nobody will contest that!!!!).

I bought an almost-new, I'd say mint, F3P last summer, paid $275 since the seller, an experienced dealer, didn't realize it was a P. In the interest of honesty, I pointed it out to him, but he stuck by his price nevertheless. Obviously it wasn't owned by a pro, since it doesn't have the original back that interacted w/the motor drive to leave the end of the film out, and no evidence a MD had ever been attached. That's fine w/me since I'm too old and tired to lug an MD-4.

So now I have 3 F3s, ranging from brassed and beat to mint. I hope you like your F3 as much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great story! F3's are quite robust performers. I use my f3hp often and like to go without the md4, it has a smooth wind on that is a pleasure to use. Now that I have a pair, this summer should be fun with them. Though I have to admit the weight does get a bit bothersome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jealous!!! I have a gorgeous brassy one that works perfectly that I got for a decent price (told he had a recent CLA) and another that I should sell but to have a NEW one!! This was my dream camera back in the early 80's when I was in college. But $2000 new back then was nothing but a pipe dream.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I take it you are in Japan since your location is Tokyo: the Japanese are still nuts over film cameras and I was thinking about selling a relatively rare camera in a Japanese store. My daughter is travelling there in September and I might have her take it. can you suggest a good store

David

Shooter
    35mm
    May i ask, why is the F3 so popular? I have the Fm3a and i think its great and latest, but the f3 is what photographers talk most about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin