Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,477   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Had a 35s with Sonnar lens for about a year. Stunning lens. Found that smaller apertures or infinity shots at wider apertures are fantastic. The only other warning I'd offer is watch out rewinding film, don't apply any pressure to the back side of the case it will cause drag and could cause problems.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just got a "B" with the Triotar and am running the first roll of film through it. So far, so good. I love the thing. One thing I did decide though, was to use rolls of 24 exposure to take some of the strain off of those old plastic spools and gears.
    I'm taking mine everywhere, which was why I got it.
    Have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had my 35SE since new, bought in the early 80's. I use three 1.5 volt batteries, plus a washer to take up space) in the battery holder instead of the mercury battery. The LEDs are a bit dim, but the meter is still accurate. My Rollei has had to be serviced a couple of times to free up the slower shutter speeds. I am not a camera repairman, but I did it myself. I removed the top cover and used a Q-Tip to apply cleaning fluid (alcohol) to the gear train in the top of the camera, then used clock oil to lubricate the gears. Tools required are home made spanners out of paper clips, a small needle noise pliers, small screw drivers. The only caution is to mark the gears/film advance lever location when you take it apart, or you may have to repeat the exercise to re-match the gears.

The camera has had hundreds of rolls of film through it. It has traveled with me every where since I got it and has never let me down. The lens is sharp (2.8 Sonnar), equal to my M6 with a Summicron. I misplaced my lens cap years ago and bought a screw-on one from B&H.

My camera is starting to finally wear out, the negative spacing is not even anymore, but it is still useable and rides in the saddle bags of my motorcycle. I still shoot probably a roll of film or two through it a month, down from before I retired as a field service engineer.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    and that's why Mercury was banned in lightbulbs.... oh wait..... never mind
    David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin