Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,509   Online: 881

Shooter
    35mm

Nikkormat EL with HANSA 28mm f2.8 lens

I've just exchanged 1:1 my old Canon EOS 400D with its kit lens 18-55mm for this Nikkormat EL.

I had two options: to get 200 euros for my Canon or to walk away with the Nikkormat EL and its 28mm lens

I chose the last one, I think I made a good decision.

The battery seems dead (no metering and battery indicator doesn't show any light at all) but the shutter speeds even with battery out seems to be correct (maybe its only my imagination ( it should be 1/90 fixed without battery isn't it? )

My only concern is the lens, I have no idea if it worth something or not, works correctly aperture ring, focus ring) it was used until now.

the lens says its a HANSA AUTOMATIC Mc 1:2.8 f=28mm nothing else..I tried looking up ebay and google I found no info about this lens

Anyone has any knowledge of these things?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Here are some photos of the camera and the lens

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1338013938.266891.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	51592
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1338013969.384077.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	51593

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1/90 fixed without battery is correct.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I wish it would be the Nikon FM2n , thats so beautiful being totally manual (except light meter)

I will see if i see accidently a Nikon FE i will try to get one thats the successor of the EL if i know well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your buddy got the better deal, the 400d you could have turned around and used the money to buy an F3 with some decent primes.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View, made in USA! New project
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    Your buddy got the better deal, the 400d you could have turned around and used the money to buy an F3 with some decent primes.
    I felt totally different, they hardly wanted to pay 200€ for the 400D , i also saw some for as low as 185 as quick sale..... And the cheapest F3 body only I could get it for less then 270€ ( thats how the prices around in Madrid)

I honestly think that the 400D was keep loosing from its value day after day but rapidly

Shooter
    35mm
    Anyone knows if there is a way to make multiple exposures on the Nikkormat EL? I found no info about that...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by viktormadarasz View Post
    I felt totally different, they hardly wanted to pay 200€ for the 400D , i also saw some for as low as 185 as quick sale..... And the cheapest F3 body only I could get it for less then 270€ ( thats how the prices around in Madrid)

I honestly think that the 400D was keep loosing from its value day after day but rapidly

The 400D may be worth say $200 which is less than the 185 pounds but I would not pay $200 USD for a Nikon EL with a no name lens. I think your buddy is getting a better deal.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    The 400D may be worth say $200 which is less than the 185 pounds but I would not pay $200 USD for a Nikon EL with a no name lens. I think your buddy is getting a better deal.
    I see your point, but also i wanted to get rid of that 400d anyway ( i plan to buy a nikon digital insteadlike a 3200 or maybe aomething better)

so considered that the 400 was harder and harder to ditch ( place like cash converter wanted to buy it all for 130€) at least im happy i got rid of it till it doesnt loose its value to 20€

I know the lens was probably a weak point of the equation its not a nikon lens and thats wort about 20€ or even less

I wanted an analog camera for the moment and when i can afford to step up for a quality digital replacement of the 400D (probably a Nikon) and if i can i try to replace the Nikon EL to a Nikon FE or FM2n somehow.

So my friend ended up something i Didnt want anyway, and i dont have my money invested into something i dont want to have or see its value is less in the digital camera world every day

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin