Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,456   Online: 1002

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    If it's a Canon, of course it will be covered by the CPS! CPS covers my EOS1N and L-series optics.
    Not CPS usa.
    The last film camera covered is a 1V and they drop coverage for the digital bodies fairly quickly.
    I have a 1D2 and the last digital they cover is the 1D2n.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got the camera back from Canon. The receipt said "Shutter Repair"... Agh, the guy at the counter said it was probably going to get a new shutter, which I was excited about. I guess the issue was repairable, I'm not sure if there's a way to tell if it was replaced or not.

I'm currently running a roll of Tri-X through it to see if the issue has bene resolved. I'll get this developed next week and find out.
    Film Gear:
    Contax 645 w/ Zeiss 80mm F2
    Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm F1.8
    Polaroid 250 Land Camera

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTomJ View Post
    The receipt said "Shutter Repair"... Agh, the guy at the counter said it was probably going to get a new shutter, which I was excited about. I guess the issue was repairable, I'm not sure if there's a way to tell if it was replaced or not.
    Don't worry about it. It takes a veeeery long time before the shutter of an analogue SLR of the 1v's calibre reaches its nominal death. It's much more likely that the previous shutter broke down because of operator error or some other external cause than from some inherent shutter defect.

Hoping that the camera is fine now! If so then it should last you forever (quite a long time actually).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin