Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,848   Online: 680

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think the Pentax LX is one of the nicer cameras. Decent size, sturdy and affordable. And reliable.

I'd also take a look at the Nikkormat FT3. Takes all of the AI/AIS and pre-AI lenses and is a lot like the Pentax. However, the shutter speed selector is a ring that surrounds the lens mount.

There probably are literally hundreds of cameras from which to choose.

I'd think about the lenses: Nikon, Canon, Zeiss, Pentax, Minolta, etc.

One thing about electronic cameras. When the electronics go, it's time for the camera to be binned (tossed).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    One thing about electronic cameras. When the electronics go, it's time for the camera to be binned (tossed).
    Electronics in cameras from the 1980s and early 1990s are no more difficult to repair than the mechanical parts.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A viewfinder, a lens and something to control aperture and focus. I quite enjoy shooting with my Olympus Trip 35. Good for street candids with pre focus (estimating distance). It's not intimidating and by no means a toy camera!
    David Smith
    London, UK
    email: dasmith.uk@gmail.com
    Flickr: D1v1d
    Twitter: D1v1d

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Working with an old Brownie. Kodak invented 120 roll film for this box. So the basics are a light tight box, some way of loading the film, a lens or pinhole and a shutter or lens cap. That's it- the rest is icing!
    David Smith
    London, UK
    email: dasmith.uk@gmail.com
    Flickr: D1v1d
    Twitter: D1v1d

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kehler View Post
    I love a camera that works without batteries. I have had several occasions where I have hiked out into the middle of nowhere for several hours, or it is Christmas dinner and the batteries die or are dead. If it takes AA's, that's not a big deal but if it takes a specialized battery that needs a specialized store to buy, that is more than annoying. I can usually guess at the metering but still need the camera to fire. This of course limits you to manual cameras of the older variety but I like those kind anyways.
    What's preventing you from carrying a spare set of batteries ?, this is the 21st century, I've been using a completely battery dependant Canon A1 for nearly twenty five years and it's never let me down in all that time although I always carry a spare one the current battery in it has been in for about ten years, and is only the third I've ever put in it.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-02-2012 at 09:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin