Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,322   Online: 777

Shooter
    35mm

Stanrd threded filter work around for Series Filters.

I hope this is the closes forum for this question, as series filters were used on a lot of different types of 35mm cameras as well as others.

I have a situation where I have a lens that uses series 4.5 filters, and alother that uses Series 4 and another that uses series 5. Trying to find any of them that are not 30 years old is difficult.

I am owdering if there is a way to get a step ring that would take a currently made screw in filter and fit a series Filter ring.

I don't even know what to call such a beast. it is not really a stepping ring.

Any thoughts?
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have some old cameras which don't have any filter adapter and for them I built an "over the lens" adapter by hacking a 49mm filter ring and tapping four holes around the perimeter to put four long screws into. These I tighten individually, like a lampshade, onto the outside of the lens. Then I can screw in any of my 49mm filters.

Used this contraption a lot the past few weeks, for ND filters for the eclipse and Venus, and to use a filter over the Kodak 35.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most of my Bolex movie film cameras take series 4.5, 4, or 5 filters. I bought Harrison series filters back when they were still available new but now see that they are discontinued.
    I had SK Grimes make two series size adapters, one for 37mm and another for 49mm.

The photograph shows the Series V to 37mm adapter (to put a a 0.5 Kenko Wide adapter on my 5.5mm lens)
    Last edited by ic-racer; 06-16-2012 at 12:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin