Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,398   Online: 743

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah, retrospectively I may have had this same problem before with at least one other adapter (OM-EOS), but I simply did not recognize the issue at the time.

Still wondering what the purpose of the tab/switch/lever is. EOS is all about electronic communication, right? It just seems odd to have a switch when you already have contacts. Historical reasons? Hm, the EOS system was all new from scratch, no legacy issues involved. Strange.

Shooter
    Large Format
    There might be a relationship between this and my battery draining problem: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/9...g-problem.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of my three EOS film cameras, it is only present on the 50e but not on the 300 or 500n. All of my lenses (from old to bought this year) work will my three EOS film cameras and with my EOS digital. As do my entirely contactless extension tubes.

As the mirror stays flipped up and the shutter stays closed until the shutter release is pressed again, I can only assume this is for maintenance. There would be no point in turning the AF system on if the mirror is always up and the shutter always closed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it possible that triggering this switch is something we DON'T want? I'm going to play with that today, see if I can make a body NOT work with my C/Y adapter.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If the switch is for maintenance purposes only, then why did Canon not add some electronic MLU feature instead? The switch is just too clumsy, too mechanical, too not EOS.

Fred, I was actually wondering the exact opposite: will not triggering the switch leaves us out of something we do want?

I am baffled that nobody here knows what this switch is for (or wants to tell us ). Of course it doesn't help much that only the older & higher-end EOS cameras have the switch.

I'll do some more googling if I feel like it (bit tired of getting a zillion results on DSLR AF fine tuning and what else ).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    Anybody know what this lever does?
    It connects to the flux capacitor found in all EOS cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pekelnik View Post
    There might be a relationship between this and my battery draining problem: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/9...g-problem.html
    Check if the adapter triggers the switch. If so, maybe you can measure the current draw without the adapter in place but with the switch forced up.

How did you measure the draw? Take the battery out of its housing, connect it to the camera with some wiring, and then measure the current? Did you tape the wiring to the terminals? Fiddly affair.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    It connects to the flux capacitor found in all EOS cameras.
    Hm, not sure I understand what that means. Can you describe what the switch and the flux capacitor do in terms of practical functionality?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You don't mean this flux capacitor, do you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorea...Flux_capacitor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    You don't mean this flux capacitor, do you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorea...Flux_capacitor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin