Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,400   Online: 901

Shooter
    35mm

Please help removing my battery from my Minolta Maxxum 9xi!!!!!!

Today my wife got a 7xi, so I tried to tested taking the battery off my 9xi. It is a 2cr5 battery. I opened the door cover, but the battery is not coming out. What am I missing? Is this normal. The battery is new. I just can not remove from the camera.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Grab it with the sticky side of a piece of tape.

Shooter
    35mm
    I did but no luck. It moves but it does not come out. I do not want to use tools or anything that might scratch things. I just bought the camera, so I am not familiar with it, but it thought removing a battery should not be this hard. There is no tab or anything holding the battery. What am I missing. Is it this hard in these cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by elcabezagrande View Post
    Grab it with the sticky side of a piece of tape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can you use something stronger, like duct tape? I'd guess, there may have been some leakage at one point and it's probably stuck in there. Other choice would be things like JB weld (epoxy glue) a piece to the battery and yank it out, but you may damage something if you have to use that much force.

If you just bought it, can you take it back to the seller and let him take care of it?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try a couple of toothpicks to pry it out- one on each side.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin