Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,685   Online: 895

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I sold my Mamiya 645 years back, didn't like it. My main cameras are a FT2 Nikkormat and a Micro 4/3rd's. I say sell one DSLR and keep only one Nikon film camera, and it doesn't have to be something you have now. Trade down maybe to a more manual version.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Graham,

With how little film gear is going these days, it might not be worth selling anything, unless it's absolutely mint. My latest FM2n was a camera I got for $60. It's not in the greatest condition, but is completely useable. If I were going on KEH's scale, I'd probably rate it at the low end of BGN grade. Almost ugly.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 50/1.4 AI, 80-200/4.5 AI, 85/1.8 K, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think there is a lot of truth to the comments that it is hardly worth selling film gear for the little amount one can get for it. I'm sure there are some exceptions such as Leica and Hasselblad. A lot of good manual focus glass seems to be either keeping its value or, in some cases, actually increasing. A case in point would be the Nikon 500mm f/4 P.
    Graham from St. Augustine, FL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep the camera(s) that help you produce your most satisfying work?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Turn on, tune in, drop out. Sell the dslrs and buy a 4x5. If you're addicted to pixels, buy a scanner too.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My gears are very similar to yours.

Three F-100, M645Pro, and two DSLR. If I were to slim down, M645 would be the one on the chopping block. I hardly use it anymore... I am often amazed of what I can get out of 35mm format. I keep my M645 for those special situations where larger film would be preferable, like studio portrait sessions. (that hasn't happened in the past year or so...) Then again, I may go even larger.... (oh no... not again!)

It really sounds like you already knew the answer when you typed your question.....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I much prefer printing from a medium format negative, so the darkroom experience would decide the question for me (with respect to the 645).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin