Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,461   Posts: 1,570,630   Online: 779

Shooter
    35mm RF

Canon T70 does Europe ! Members wanted !

Hi there,

I have an old Canon T70 that is sitting on a shelf gathering dust so I came up with a nice idea ( or so I think ) : pass the camera around the world ( let's start with Europe ) and everyone takes pictures with it.

I know that few started this project ( with cheaper cameras ! ) and they usually get lost, but I have three good reasons for this one to work :

- every person must be accepted to enter this challenge
    - is mandatory that the shipping is with tracking number
    - and the most important of all : a good cause - Cancer

In the end, 2 photos per photographer will be selected ( that participated ) and will be created a book ( via blurb ), with 10.00€ markup price.

Those 10.00€ will be directly donated to the Cancer Society, so all this to have fun and help a good cause.

I created a website , http://www.passthecanon.com/ , go there and see the rules and how to join.

Send me an email ( email AT passthecanon DOT com ) if you want to join - check the website what is needed to send in the email.

Camera will stay with each person for a week and then shipped to another. The only cost you will have is shipping the camera to the next person ( as well the developing of the film you will use with the camera ). The book will be made in the end of the challenge and its purely optional to buy - you can participate in the challenge and NOT buy the book. Its open only to European photographers at the moment - worldwide poses a bit of a problem with customs, lets start with European Countries and see how it goes then open up to the world.

Best regards,

Goncalo Proenca

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello, just to let you know, I tried to email you, but the email keeps coming back undeliverable...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    Hello, just to let you know, I tried to email you, but the email keeps coming back undeliverable...
    weird, changed a few settings on the domain, please try again !

email @ passthecanon dot com

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still the same, I'm sending you a PM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    hi folks and Andrej,

My service provider messed up the DNS settings and now the domain is locked. Long story cut short, that email will be off for a few days.

Please use my personal email adress : GONCALO at PROENCA dot EU

I'm updating the site as well !

Let those European fotographers sign up - still have so little...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Goncalo,
    A splendid idea indeed! Question: I own the whole row of the T cameras as well as lots of FD lenses. The camera you display has a standard 50/1.8 lens. Is your intention that all shooters have to use the attached lens, or can one chose among private lenses of different focal length? Just interesting to know before I decide to join in. (BTW, the 50/1.8 lens is great, I have several of these in a drawer!)
    Cheers...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin