Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,630   Online: 991

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This lens is reasonably small and not heavy and has Nikon build quality unlike the series E which are junk inside where you can not see it. 70/150 E suffers from or will suffer from zoom creep from the amateur construction.

Funny but those E series like the 75-150/3.5 and 100/2.8 are some sharp "junk" lenses. The zoom creep on the 75-150 is very sample dependent--some are quite loose while others not so much. Nikon's longer one-touch tele zooms could develop the same problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Funny but those E series like the 75-150/3.5 and 100/2.8 are some sharp "junk" lenses. The zoom creep on the 75-150 is very sample dependent--some are quite loose while others not so much. Nikon's longer one-touch tele zooms could develop the same problem.
    I have an AI-converted 1974-ish 80-200/4.5 that has the same problem. It was a common eventuality for one-touch zooms of the day.

It's easily corrected with an elastic band, if one needs to shoot on a tripod pointing up or down.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I recommend a good 50mm lens and steady use of your feet. The ultimate zoom.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I picked up a 35-105 f/3.5-4.5 macro today in like new condition. I'll give it a try and see how I like it.
    I have heard that lots of folks who are using the new Canon mk5's like this lens to shoot video because the color rendition is so nice???Have any of you heard of this?
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsanika View Post
    Nikkor 35-70mm f/3.5 Ai (72mm filter), an excellent mid range zoom for about $100
    I picked one of these up for pennies as it's bruised and battered. The image quality is nothing to write home about but there's certainly nothing problematic... The fixed aperture is a great advantage too, and the range should cover everything provided you move towards your subject.

Jake.
    Jacob

Canon AE-1 Program - Leica M6 - Mamiya-6 (folder) - Nikon FM2

psychfunk.wordpress.com
    huntersarenotcooks.tumblr.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin