Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,362   Posts: 1,682,853   Online: 968

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon G Lens with Adapter on Canon Elan 7

I recently got rid of my 100-300 zoom lens for Canon, since it was an older lens with less then best optics. I do have a Nikon 70-300 VR zoom though which is an improvement. I will be packing the Nikon lens in with the Canon on a trip to the Grand Canyon this fall. Anyway I ordered a Chinese Nikon G to EOS adapter off Ebay. It lets you focus confirm and also adjust aperture on the lens. What I'm wondering is on using stop down metering on the Elan 7 and slide film. Does using stop down metering take advantage of the matrix metering or will I end up with under exposed shots? I'm just wondering if I should set the exposure compensation 1 stop to allow for more light on the film? Has anyone used a combo like this and what were your results?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried a Nikon D lens on a Canon D*** and found the metering horrible unreliable. But that might just be the combo I tried

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Be sure to try the lens/adapter combo on the Elan 7 before you go anywhere with it. Many of those adapters are (unbelievably) not compatible with EOS film bodies; I have one to mount Mamiya lenses, and the body simply would not function. I had to grind away some metal on the adapter to get it to work. I haven't shot film with it yet, so I don't know yet how reliable my fix is.

On the other hand, I have an adapter to mount Contax C/Y lenses on EOS bodies, and it works fine on the 1V, 1N, and RT. Good luck!
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Right now in Spain they're holding the Running of the Bulls,
    followed by the Soiling of the Pants, and the Burying of the Idiots.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin