Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,413   Online: 971

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon G Lens with Adapter on Canon Elan 7

I recently got rid of my 100-300 zoom lens for Canon, since it was an older lens with less then best optics. I do have a Nikon 70-300 VR zoom though which is an improvement. I will be packing the Nikon lens in with the Canon on a trip to the Grand Canyon this fall. Anyway I ordered a Chinese Nikon G to EOS adapter off Ebay. It lets you focus confirm and also adjust aperture on the lens. What I'm wondering is on using stop down metering on the Elan 7 and slide film. Does using stop down metering take advantage of the matrix metering or will I end up with under exposed shots? I'm just wondering if I should set the exposure compensation 1 stop to allow for more light on the film? Has anyone used a combo like this and what were your results?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried a Nikon D lens on a Canon D*** and found the metering horrible unreliable. But that might just be the combo I tried

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Be sure to try the lens/adapter combo on the Elan 7 before you go anywhere with it. Many of those adapters are (unbelievably) not compatible with EOS film bodies; I have one to mount Mamiya lenses, and the body simply would not function. I had to grind away some metal on the adapter to get it to work. I haven't shot film with it yet, so I don't know yet how reliable my fix is.

On the other hand, I have an adapter to mount Contax C/Y lenses on EOS bodies, and it works fine on the 1V, 1N, and RT. Good luck!
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin