Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,817   Posts: 1,581,641   Online: 772

Shooter
    35mm

Issues with rechargeable batteries and my Minolta Maxxum 9. Please help!!!

I got 2 rechargeable CR123A batteries from Amazon and charged them. Put them on and they worked fine until I popped up the flash. The camera died. I then took the batteries out and put them back in again. The camera went back to life, I repeated the flash pop up and the camera died again. I then decided to buy normal batteries and the problem does not occur anymore.
    Anyone experienced the same? And Could I have damaged my camera? Everything is working great, but any experts could weight in?
    Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camera probably does not like having 3.6 V per cell.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As I mentioned in another post, there are 3 things which you must consider when you want to replace ordinary batteries with rechargeables.

1. The voltages must agree.
    2. The milliamperages must agree.
    3. The discharge curves must agree.

Unless these three conditions are met you risk damaging the camera.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I do this."
    Doctor: "Don't do that."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use rechargeable AA batteries with my Dynax 9 and have never suffered any problems. There was a 9 on ebay, here in the UK a few months back, listed at faulty due to a flash problem. That put me off bidding, but now I have see your thread it looks as though the 'fault' may have been along those lines.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin