Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,700   Online: 843

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Film revival

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Film revival

Our one and only traditional film lab here in Jacksonville just reported that over 80 rolls of film were dropped off for processing last Thursday and Friday. Way to go Fototechnika!
    Graham from St. Augustine, FL

Shooter
    35mm
    New gear is being installed into labs in Melbourne Australia, programs about photography on TV and I just received my F100 and have film and chemicals on the way.

And my middle name is Augustine but I'm not a St.
    —-oooO—-
    —-(—)—-
    —–\–(–
    ——\_)-
    ———–Oooo—
    ———–(—-)—
    ————)–/—-
    ———-(_/-
    Ant.
    ɹǝpun uʍop puɐl ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ

oneant.com.au

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good on you mate!
    Graham from St. Augustine, FL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There has been a devastating shake out of the film processing industry around the world before it dawned on people that film is not dead at all. An overreaction by the industry has meant an opportunity for those venturing back in or who held on. My local lab describes itself as Lomo friendly, and indeed it is the Lomo movement that has helped save film from an even worse fate. I think the future for film is looking up!

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    YAY!!

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glad to hear this, in my market Target just pulled all C 41 and R 4, only digitial and inkjet. We still have a prolab at Tempe Camera and some mini labs at a Wallgreens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 250swb View Post
    TMy local lab describes itself as Lomo friendly, and indeed it is the Lomo movement that has helped save film from an even worse fate. I think the future for film is looking up!Steve

So true. There is a local lab that promotes the Lomo movement very intensely. On the main counter, someone could see those color films (reverse) for cross- processing. In other words, how to present like brand new and old technic. No sweat !

I just wish the industry will start making new reliable SLRs, coz Lomo users might somedays feel like trying those gears.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Time to grab all the film SLR's before the rush:^) For C-41 we still have Walgreens and Walmart, the closest Pro shop is almost a 2 hour 1 way drive. But I am lucky I have a daughter who does all my b/w.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since I will be moving to Jax next year, (my wife is a native) it's good to hear that I won't have left the center of the universe for a barren outer planet. LOL! Kidding of course...but only by a bit if I gave into my worst fears. There used to be a wonderful camera store in Jacksonville (I've forgotten the name) and when it closed I was very sad. They carried film, paper and chemicals, and I would have been happy to patronize them rather than order on line. So your news is good news to me.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My view is that film processing is increasing, but at a very slow rate. It is being driven by the hipsters with their Holgas and Dianas and a renaissance with pinhole cameras. My pro lab says their processing is just shy of 1% of the total number of photographers they deal with weekly (around 25). On a global scale I imagine there are still millions and millions of film users and the uptake will increase as digital becomes (if it has not already become), too expensive, too complicated, too sterile or just too unreliable, sparking a shift to the traditional medium. But always remember that one country's events with film does not mirror film use on a global scale.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin