Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,375   Online: 896

Shooter
    35mm

f100 how to remove the eyepiece?

I have a Dk-6 eyepiece hood on the way for a new f100 and I know to fit the hood I unscrew (anti-clockwise) the eyepiece but its as tight as heck and I thought I should make sure that I'm doing it right. It doesn't lock like the D700 does it, I don't think it does. Should I warm it a bit or something ...or hammer it with an F5?
    —-oooO—-
    —-(—)—-
    —–\–(–
    ——\_)-
    ———–Oooo—
    ———–(—-)—
    ————)–/—-
    ———-(_/-
    Ant.
    ɹǝpun uʍop puɐl ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ

oneant.com.au

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the camera is laying on its front, the eyepiece will turn counter-clockwise to come out, and clockwise to mount. If it's not been removed in a long time it can be tight, and some owners put Loctite on the threads because Nikon eyepieces occasionally work their way off the threads and disappear. (I"ve lost about three eyepieces over 20 years this way...)
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by oneANT View Post
    I have a Dk-6 eyepiece hood on the way for a new f100 and I know to fit the hood I unscrew (anti-clockwise) the eyepiece but its as tight as heck and I thought I should make sure that I'm doing it right. It doesn't lock like the D700 does it, I don't think it does. Should I warm it a bit or something ...or hammer it with an F5?
    Even and steady pressure on four sides from your fingertips will do the job.

Shooter
    35mm
    Got it. Cannot believe they get lost for how tight this one was.

Thanks.
    —-oooO—-
    —-(—)—-
    —–\–(–
    ——\_)-
    ———–Oooo—
    ———–(—-)—
    ————)–/—-
    ———-(_/-
    Ant.
    ɹǝpun uʍop puɐl ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ

oneant.com.au

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin