Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,836   Online: 808

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, sorry to hear that Wayne.

Are you SURE it's nicer than KEH? It's hard to tell with KEH. My MX was listed as BGN and anyone on the 'bay would have almost certainly listed it as excellent. In fact I can't find anything wrong with it at all. OTOH I did get a BGN zoom lens that really is BGN. It's fine, but it's cosmetically bargain and the zoom is a tad loose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Roger,

The ones I have seen on KEH, BTW with an outstanding warranty, say average or more than average wear. That said, you should see my old Mamiya C3 that I gave to a friend of mine. It looks really beat, but keeps on working. It put me through college and help buy our first house, and I got it used too. So, physical beauty is not everything.

KEH stands behind their products and I will probably go that route. Since MX's come and go, I will jump on the first one that says near excellent from them if my first source (with a 90 day warranty) does not come through.

Thanks,

Wayne

Shooter
    35mm
    Bear in mind that the LX and MX screens are not entirely interchangeable...

The LX screens in an MX will produce a slight exposure error, I think it's about 1/3 of a stop?

The other way around is fine as the LX meters off the film, so the screen doesn't change things.

I have three MXs (two chrome, one black), main problem I've hit so far is wobbly metering on one of them (it tends to overexpose by half a stop or so). It's probably dirt in the film speed mechanism as I have a KM and K1000 with the same fault.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PentaxBronica View Post
    Bear in mind that the LX and MX screens are not entirely interchangeable...
    To clarify, they are all physically interchangeable. The LX screens are brighter.

The LX screens in an MX will produce a slight exposure error, I think it's about 1/3 of a stop?
    Something like that.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW, note that KEH has a couple of nice K1000 SE bodies. Those have a split-image screen (maybe split/microprism, I don't remember).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LXdude, thanks for the info on the K1000SE. I did not know about the split image. My K1000 is apparently not the SE version, since it doe snot have split image. I will check that out, my main use for the camera is something not too expensive that I can carry on my motorcycle to replace the K1000. It still works perfectly, but I don't.

Wayne

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    This Residual Oil Remover stuff is magic http://www.ror.net/, and made in the U.S.A.
    I have been using RoR for years for my telescopes and eyepieces, great stuff. Use with q-tip, or with disposable cleaning tissues like these: http://www.lumicon.com/dealers/thumbnail/LA3025.jpg

Good Luck!
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Too old to care View Post
    LXdude, thanks for the info on the K1000SE.

Wayne
    Forgot to mention, some came with brown leatherette, some with black. I think the earlier ones had the brown.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin