Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,242   Online: 1030

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Suggestions for a lens, please?

I am getting back into film photography and I am most likely going to get a Nikon: probably an N70 or N80.

Any thoughts about lenses?

I was thinking of a 28-200, but maybe two lenses, one on the wider side and one more telephoto.

Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome back home!

Concerning your Nikon body, it depends how much you are willing to spend.
    Meanwhile you can check out this compatibility chart:

http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/slr-lens.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Plan your budget and set it at a specific point as well as a time frame for purchase. Keh if you need it right away, eBay if you can wait

I would recommend two lenses such as a 24-70 and 70-200 instead of a super zoom. They are more around and generally offer faster speeds for less dough. There are lots if you consider third party as well. I would shoot for a 2.8 for the shorter length .

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Prime lenses or/and zooms?
    Third lens party?

For a prime lens, I would suggest an affordable 50mm AF-D.
    For a third party lens, I would recommend Tamron SP AF 28-75mm. On the market, it is 300$, but it does a good job.

If you are looking for a Nikon zoom, there is this one (AF 35-135mm f3,5-4,5):
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...5mm/index1.htm
    Very much affordable. I had this one for 35$ !!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I would not prefer a third party lens if you care about quality especially Tamron , worst bokeh I have ever seen. I dont name it as bokeh but a difference between opera singer and a singer whose main language is english and try to sing Mozart in german.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    Prime lenses or/and zooms?
    Third lens party?

For a prime lens, I would suggest an affordable 50mm AF-D.
    For a third party lens, I would recommend Tamron SP AF 28-75mm. On the market, it is 300$, but it does a good job.

If you are looking for a Nikon zoom, there is this one (AF 35-135mm f3,5-4,5):
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...5mm/index1.htm
    Very much affordable. I had this one for 35$ !!
    I am leaning toward zooms and more likely third party lenses.

The Tamron is a bit dear for my budget, but the Nikon 35-135 looks promising.

Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would not prefer a third party lens if you care about quality especially Tamron , worst bokeh I have ever seen. I dont name it as bokeh but a difference between opera singer and a singer whose main language is english and try to sing Mozart in german.
    General rule in matter of third lens party is kind of risky. Reviews for this specific zoom (Tamron 28-75mm) have been largely positive. But that doesn't mean ALL Tamron are good.

A matter of judgement, so to speak in English.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Plan your budget and set it at a specific point as well as a time frame for purchase. Keh if you need it right away, eBay if you can wait

I would recommend two lenses such as a 24-70 and 70-200 instead of a super zoom. They are more around and generally offer faster speeds for less dough. There are lots if you consider third party as well. I would shoot for a 2.8 for the shorter length .
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am not in a huge hurry, so I can wait to find something at the right price on eBay or Craigslist.

I will look for a faster lens for the shorter length.

Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    General rule in matter of third lens party is kind of risky. Reviews for this specific zoom (Tamron 28-75mm) have been largely positive. But that doesn't mean ALL Tamron are good.

A matter of judgement, so to speak in English.

I agree, rules of thumbs like this are risky.

And personally, I remember having good luck with Tamron and Sigma.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    50mm

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin