Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,254   Online: 997

View Poll Results: Do you prefer 35mm or 50mm focal length in 135 format?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • 35mm

42 48.28%
  • 50mm

45 51.72%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Shooter
    Pinhole

50/1.4 SMC Takumar forever

For years and years the only camera I had (& still do) is a Pentax Spotmatic w/50mm f1.4 lens, purchased new in 1971. I was often frustrated at not having a 35mm, but the limitation forced me to concentrate on the essentials in the composition. As a result I reached a point where I could capture just about anything with that lens. Wide open it's a stunner for portraits.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    5cms Leitz Wetzlar

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by scheimfluger_77 View Post
    For years and years the only camera I had (& still do) is a Pentax Spotmatic w/50mm f1.4 lens, purchased new in 1971. I was often frustrated at not having a 35mm, but the limitation forced me to concentrate on the essentials in the composition. As a result I reached a point where I could capture just about anything with that lens. Wide open it's a stunner for portraits.

Steve
    I confirm the quality of the Super-Multi-Coated Takumars. Myself; I have 3 50mm f/1.4 and 5 Spotmatics. Add to that 135mm f/3.5 Super Takumar and 200mm Super Takumar. Mine are the "radiation" old ones.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Despite my earlier posted affinity for the 35mm focal length, I will happily say that I do still enjoy the 50mm focal length as well.

I recently just started to dabble in the Nikon film world and I have an F3 with the 50 f/2 H (AI'd) as my only lens. It seems to have a very special look to it on B&W film. I like that.
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    5cms Leitz Wetzlar
    Why am I not surprised at your answer... But the $64,000 question is, WHICH Leica 50mm would you prefer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    If you only had one lens on a 35 mm camera
    I guess that I cannot buy into the What if on this question because all of my 35 mm cameras are SLRs with bayonet mounts and I can change lenses.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leitz Elmar 1:3,5 50mm

Shooter
    35mm
    Just been on a two week holiday to Poltava, Ukraine. Lots of thought about what lenses to bring. 28, 35, 50 and 85 was the result.

On most days I took two: 28/50, 35/85, some other combo's. The days I took the camera with one lens? 35...

Oh, the camera was the D700... I decided against taking one of my film slrs as well. Almost 600 images, getting it back to 400 probbly...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dunno.

24mm has been my most-used lens for the last 18 months or thereabouts, I've always been a wide-angle kinda guy. So I'm tempted to say 35mm, but I have almost no experience with this focal length, though I have a few of them.

My least-used lens, historically, is the sad and lonely 50. Recently somebody convinced me I ought to shake up my photography by shooting something different, so I've pulled out my 50s and am going to shoot with them exclusively for the next year. I was quite disconcerted by the tight framing I got when I first tried to shoot with one a few weeks ago, but by the end of the day I was enjoying myself, forcing myself to see differently. I may even go so far as to acquire a 50mm Macro.

Next year, 135!
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    I guess that I cannot buy into the What if on this question because all of my 35 mm cameras are SLRs with bayonet mounts and I can change lenses.
    A little Loctite will fix that.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin