Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,525   Online: 1047

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had mine about a week after trying an F3. Really didn't like the F3 ...really love the F100, the viewfinder is stunning.

On the point of viewfinders and manual focus, the internet is full of cr@p. The F100 viewfinder is a million miles better than the F3hp. I hated the finder on the HP. They say the F4s is the best body for manual focus lenses ...cr@p, its the F100

Its layout is exactly as my D700 and is likely the best street photography body in a Nikon film body maybe excluding the F6 (gotta try one).
    —-oooO—-
    —-(—)—-
    —–\–(–
    ——\_)-
    ———–Oooo—
    ———–(—-)—
    ————)–/—-
    ———-(_/-
    Ant.
    ɹǝpun uʍop puɐl ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ

oneant.com.au

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sweet camera! I have recently got an AF film body too, time to try out some AF goodness for a change.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdEye View Post
    Sweet camera! I have recently got an AF film body too, time to try out some AF goodness for a change.
    Right!! The G lens makes it worth every cent I paid for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Enjoy it!! I'm sure the lady you bought it from is glad that you'll be enjoying it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Chris, best I can tell is that the f5 is alot heavier and with a factory addition I think you can then put on non-ai lenses. I have come so close many times getting an f100, if I could have found one like you, I would have gotten it just like you did. It's amazing to think that a wonderful camera such as yours basically sat on a shelf essentially since new......an amazing, amazing find.

I think the f100 also has better ergonomics as far as switches go also.

Plus I believe I can use the f5 as an attitude adjustment tool if the wife and/or kids get out of line.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBob View Post

Plus I believe I can use the f5 as an attitude adjustment tool if the wife and/or kids get out of line.

Bob E.

That's no joke!!! LOL LOL

The F100 feels so much more substantial than my D90. I'm figuring the F5 probably feels alot like a D3 or something.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Glad your happy with it....I know I would be too. I believe the D1 and the F5 are related as I recall an over simplification is that I thought I read somewhere the D1 was and F5 body with electronic guts.

I must say I do appreciate the light weight of my DSLR, but I rarely keep a camera on me all day. So I don't mind loading up one of my Nikons with all sorts of crap.....I especially feel good about life with a big Metz flash on any of my Nikons and a battery pack on my shoulder.....at least the P&S crowd know to keep quiet at gatherings unless they have a question!!

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Yes the F100 is truly a sweet camera.

Here's a cool thing to try. In the custom setting menu, #4, set to "1" and #7, set to "1".

In the default position "0" for setting #4, a half push of the shutter button activates auto focus. When disabled, the AF button on the back becomes your focus activator. This allows you to focus then recompose and the shutter button won't try to refocus for you. A high tech version of manual focus.

This is a good idea. I have mine in default setup. Point to a subject and press the shutter half way. Re-compose.... then the camera often mistakes this to moving subject and refocuses. All 3 of my F100 does this. (my focus selector is set to S) It acts more like continuous focus than single focus. Very annoying. I'll have to try this.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Figured out the CSM #4... It is "back button focusing". Nice!!

As I'm reading the Butkus manual online, I'm realizing that the F100 is far more advanced than I originally thought it was.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got out this morning and picked up a few rolls of HP5 from the Houston Camera Exchange. The first roll is in. I think I'm going to set up my beauty dish and Alien Bees and terrorize the dog for 36 exposures.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin