Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,649   Posts: 1,481,287   Online: 742

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A new level of excitement...

I was excited when I bought and shot my FM.

I was ecstatic when I bought my Hasselblad 500cm.

I am absolutely SPEECHLESS today...

I bought this F100 body from a lady who had two. She needed the money and I wanted an updated 35mm camera. $125 later the body was mine. After endless eBay stalking I found the MB-15 with original box for $49, which arrived today.

I just put everything together, along with my Nikon 24-70 2.8 G, and OMG this combo is as smooth as BUTTAH!

I absolutely can't wait to burn some film in this thing. And I have the next 7 days off to do it!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342124589.114382.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	53846

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If it's anything like mine you'll love it!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    WOW, that certainly is a great price for an f100. I assume it was in excellent or better condition?

I am waiting as we speak for the postman to deliever my f5 in a few minutes.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Enjoy!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes the F100 is truly a sweet camera.

Here's a cool thing to try. In the custom setting menu, #4, set to "1" and #7, set to "1".

In the default position "0" for setting #4, a half push of the shutter button activates auto focus. When disabled, the AF button on the back becomes your focus activator. This allows you to focus then recompose and the shutter button won't try to refocus for you. A high tech version of manual focus.

In the default position "0" for setting #7, a half push of the shutter button exposure become active but does not lock. When set to "1", a half push of the shutter button will activate and lock the exposure setting. When you have a subject or scene that will trick your meter simply point the camera at a better spot, give the shutter button a half push and hold, turn back and focus with the button under your thumb, reframe and shoot.

With a little practice this is really fast and easy.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark,

Is what you are describing commonly called 'back button focusing'?

My D90 is set up that way. I focus with the AE/AF lock button instead of the shutter. I prefer it this way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBob View Post
    WOW, that certainly is a great price for an f100. I assume it was in excellent or better condition?

I am waiting as we speak for the postman to deliever my f5 in a few minutes.

Bob E.

Yes. The body is in excellent condition. All caps were there, and there are no scratches or blemishes whatsoever. However, it was just the body. She was a simple lady who just enjoyed photography, so she didn't keep the manuals or original boxes or anything. You really can't tell that it's ever been used.

I've heard that the F100 ran a close race with the F5, and some people even say that the F100 was actually better than the F5. What were the major differences between the two?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Mark,

Is what you are describing commonly called 'back button focusing'?

My D90 is set up that way. I focus with the AE/AF lock button instead of the shutter. I prefer it this way.
    Yeah I've heard it called that, don't know what to call it really, BUT don't confuse it with back focusing which is in my world heard more often, a term for describing a focussing error where the camera focuses too far away; behind the subject.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know what back focusing is... My 80-200mm did it consistently on my d90. It was an inherent problem that Nikon acknowledged but couldn't fix.

I photograph a lot of dogs, and using the "back button" helps me keep composure, and also knocks off that fraction of a second that would normally be there if I were using the shutter button to focus. Ive got to find the online manual and start reading up on the custom setting for the F100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too also like to have af&metering as separate buttons as well. It is my usual custom function setup on my canon digi to use the rear i think af-l button for the autofocus/focus confirmation check.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin