Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,628   Online: 747

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think this discussion went well beyond reasonable at this point.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Your statement that a scratched and dusty printing filter causes no degradation of the image is not within the realm of physical possibility. Of course, if your standards are low enough you can print through a bottle bottom and you'll notice no degradation.
    Thanks, E. You saved me a bunch of typing.

To expound a bit... I'll absolutely believe NB23's assertion that he saw no degradation, for the reasons you mentioned.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    35mm.

The OP is about the relative expense/quality merits of UV filters attached to the front of a camera lens.
    It bares no relationship to plastic, dusty scratched Ilford filters attached to an enlarger head, which is probably the subject of a separate thread.

Thanks.

I am wanted a discussion about filters on the front of my camera lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Leigh,
    Let's jusy say that you don't come across as someone that has a lot of darkroom experience.

E. von,
    With arguments like "you don't see the difference but there is one" and "anusburger", I guess you really know your stuff. No wonder Leigh is your follower.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Leigh,
    Let's jusy say that you don't come across as someone that has a lot of darkroom experience.

E. von,
    With arguments like "you don't see the difference but there is one" and "anusburger", I guess you really know your stuff. No wonder Leigh is your follower.

Cut the bullshit and stick to the main thrust of the original post please: the quality of filters on the front of the lens.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Cut the bullshit and stick to the main thrust of the original post please: the quality of filters on the front of the lens.
    Wasn't I clear enough? A good filter will not degrade the image. Maybe at Neutrino level, yes, but not that our eyes can detect.

Bonsoir.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leigh,
    That's true.

I've only been developing and printing film since 1955. That's about 57 years.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leigh,

E. von,
    I know garbage when I read it. It is not your ignorance, but your arrogance which I find irksome.

This is your sole criterion for your judgement: "Well, if there is a degradation, my customers never saw any. And that's what counts."
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 07-19-2012 at 10:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Okay, that's enough of that.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin