Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,855   Online: 789

Shooter
    35mm

Would these battery caps work?...

Hi there I'm looking for a battery cap for a lens cap and all I could find online is one for a YASHICA Lynx 14 and Lynx 5000

and a Yashica-Mat Yashica Mat 124 Yashica 24 Yashica 12

I was wondering if any of these would fit my Yashica Electro 35?

-Quentin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Yashica 24 and 12. I'll take off the caps and see if it will fit an Electro 35.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nope. The battery caps for the Yashica 12/24 are too small as well as the cap for the Yashica Lynx 5000 and the Lynx 14 (as you can see I like Yashicas). I would try Russ Cisco. If he has one in the meantime you can sort of use the Electro in manual. If you set the lens off of auto and set it to flash mode (the symbol that looks like an N, to the right of the 'Auto' setting) that sets the shutter to 1/30. Using another camera or a hand held light meter you then set the f stop from your reading for 1/30. This may be a problem if you are using fast film but it is something until you can get a cap.
    Last edited by Chrismat; 07-14-2012 at 11:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Honestly, you will be lucky to find one. I have a mint 5000E that is missing the cap.....have put it on the back burner for some three years now while I casually decide what to do. It's so beautiful I don't want to get rid of it. Not one scratch, dent or smudge anywhere. Time to start searching for a body with a descent cap I can use. I imagine you will have to do too just to find the right cap.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin