Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,138   Online: 1055

Shooter
    Medium Format

Anyone use Bedford Photo?

I just noticed that as of the 4th of July our one last surviving "big" photo place in Oklahoma City has a name change. The owner who I have spoken with many times over the years decided to sell and a small chain from Arkansas bought it up.

From what I can gather, they plan to expand stock significantly. As of at least a year ago, they had a horrible time trying to keep anything Kodak film wise in the store. I was told the simply could not get stock from Kodak. Ilford didn't seem to be much of a problem.

Just wondering if anyone had or has been in any of the Bedford stores and could comment on them....

They did keep virtually everyone of the old employees (which is good....ALL of them were good, kind, helpful folks).

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bedford barely carries any film. If you want 120 you can forget it. They cater more to digital amateurs and don't go too far beyond that. Anything beyond that must be ordered and takes a while to get in.

Problem for me is that I actually like them but they have seriously gone downhill.

Their C-41 processing isn't bad. But if you want BW, if they will even do it, it will likely take a long time. I used to use them for E-6 but it cost me $12 and took two weeks to get to and be processed by their lab in Little Rock.

I have also had bad experience with their camera repair, costing more than it should and taking up to 6 months. They also don't call you when they get stuff you ordered.

Kris
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Kris, I plan on visiting to drop off a roll to have developed tomorrow. I just don't have the time to develope at the house yet but I guess it looks like home developing my have just been pushed to the front from me.

That is horrible they don't carry 120. Will check and ask about that too when I am there.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin