Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,026   Online: 1175

Shooter
    35mm

Rodenstock and Schneider lenses

Hello,
    My wife and I have come across 2 lenses, a Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Tele-Xenar f:4/135mm, and a Rodenstock Retina-Heligon f:1.9/50mm. They both show signs of use, but appear to be in very good shape.

My wife and I are trying find out a little more about their value and quality. Can anyone point me in the right direction to research further? The Schneider seems to be more common and easier to find info on, but the we are having difficulty with the Rodenstock.

Thank you for your time. I truly appreciate any insight you can provide.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris,

Others on here will know more than me, but I believe these are two versions of lenses made for the Kodak Retina series of cameras from the 50s. They have good reputations as high quality lenses, but the fact that they fit only the Kodak Retina cameras will diminish their value to some degree. The Heligon is probably a bit more rare but I don't know for sure.

My recommendation: Go get a Retina camera and put those babies to use!

Phil

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Phil. And I do keep returning to the thought of getting a camera and using them. I would just hate to see them collect dust behind the other hobbies I want to try!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have the Retina IIc and I love it. It was my Dad's. He purchased it new in Germany around 1952
    It has to be true. I read it on the internet, and you can't lie on the internet!!!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin