Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,581,989   Online: 830

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered a replacement tac-grip covering for my sp from cameraleather about two weeks ago, and after reading threads like this ordered another from ak-asahi the same day. Both arrived together about a week later :-) At the moment the practice kit from aki-asahi is gracing the spotmatic, a rather lurid pink fake snakeskin, but it'll be stripped and replaced with the camera-leather kit when I get the chance. Pity really, as my 2 year old thinks it looks bee-oot-iful

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm sorry to hear about the problems with Cameraleather. I haven't ordered anything from him/them for about 5 years but in the past I placed several orders, and there were no problems. However I see the news section on their website hasn't been updated since August 2011, which may be a warning sign. In view of what has been said in this thread I would be rather wary of placing any further orders at present.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have placed 3 separate orders from Morgan, my last order about 4 months ago was received in less than a week. The only camera I have ever ordered for is the Argus C-3. I did find his site down this past weekend but it was back up Wednesday I believe. I have checked with Ask-Asahi about Argus to see about another source, but no and he has no cameras that I own
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1 on Aki Asahi. I was very pleased with the quality. I have reskinned my Contax and Yashica bodies with his leather and it fits superbly well.
    Also, shipping took a few days only. Very friendly email communication too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    not to bring an old thread to life, but i just want to rant about the poor service camera leather has. I ordered from Morgan a few months ago and have emailed about my ordered but I still have yet got a reply back.. I spent 50 bucks on two skins and to me thats wrong. does anyone know if its just me, or has camerleather stopped selling...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well I'm as confused as you are wharris.....

Last time I ordered 2 sheets of leatherette from Camera Leathers - 1 turned up, 1 was missing. Sent several emails, heard nothing...

A few weeks ago I was given a Yashica LM in nice condition - except for the leather covering. Having seen some positive comments on another forum I thought I'd give Camera Leathers another go, so ordered a red leatherette covering...

Turned up 10 days later!!

So yes they are still in business - just seems they don't answer emails!
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    He took good care of my stable.

Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We should not forget though, that cameraleather.com offers service for more camera types and also much more choice in leathers.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I still want to find someone who will cut me a new leather cover for my RB-67 or my Rolleiflex from the back hide of a gator. THAT would be wicked cool. Gator belly would look too much like python - I want the knobby back for something truly bad-ass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin