Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,290   Online: 761

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

In praise of Aki-Asahi

I have had no luck at all getting anything out of Cameraleather.com, my last email to him was a year ago and no response. So I tried Aki-Asahi. Cheaper prices, and awesome service. I asked about an OM4 skin as I didn't see it on his site, and he replied straight away and said he had just got an OM4 and would have them up in 2-3 weeks. Sure enough, 3 weeks later there it is. I ordered several items, and again got a very quick email with an invoice with a discount for ordering multiple items. Apparently he was going to post them the same day. In a week or so they will arrive I assume, the experience so far has been amazing, compared to the other guy especially.

Now that's what I call customer service!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1 here too. Excellent service and a lovely product. My XD7 now looks great in black and yellow and my Spotmatic will be getting the treatment once I finish the film in it.
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100/FM2n | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    35mm
    They rock for sure! Nothing to do with the insulting and borderline illegal practices from cameraleather.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me too. Very fast, very communicative. Bought from them years ago and again just last week.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey thanks for the heads up! The Japanese still appreciate craftsmanship and old cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too like my cover from Aki Asahi. I got two covers for my Leica MPs, and they look really great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is too bad that Camera Leather is so unresponsive to its customers. The product is actually rather good, but it sucks to have to wait for your order. I ordered a set of coverings for my Autocord from them, an item that was described on the website as being in stock and ended up having to wait. This was not for an exotic leather either, but just a basic stock leatherette. I was luckier than most, I suppose, because I got my order after only six weeks and one email to Morgan. He did send it out right away after I contacted him, but this still delayed my sending the camera off to Karl Bryan for repairs by the same amount of time.

This will most likely keep me from ordering from Morgan again, which is too bad, because his product is first rate, and tremendously improved the appearance of my camera. If he could only get his customer service to match the quality of his product...
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    I recently recovered my SX-70 that was badly deteriorating with a replacement from aki-asahi and currently have a replacement cover for a rough looking OM2n on its way.
    Sometimes I post my photos on flickr.
    Sometimes I update my tumblr.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On cameraleather's site he now says he answers all emails. Bullshit. How many years do I have to wait for my reply? one year and counting.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    They rock for sure! Nothing to do with the insulting and borderline illegal practices from cameraleather.
    Can you elaborate on that statement?
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin