Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,162   Online: 764

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon guy, but my first SLR was a Yashica... and I fell in love with some of the Contaxes back in the day. So... a Contax tempts me (but so far I haven't caved).

And, if I thought I could keep it working reliably, an Exakta... they are such interesting-looking cameras.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon F100
    Nikon N75
    Hasselblad 503 CX
    Hasselblad 903 SWC
    Graflex Model D 4"x5"

In the past Minolta SR7, Minolta SRT101, Minolta SRT201, Minolta X700
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nikon F2 is my camera, but my second camera is a newly CLA'd Pentax S1 with a Takumar 55/1.8. It is sooo sweet. I don't have an external light meter so it does not get the use it should at the moment.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My 1st slr in 1968 was a Yashica TL-Super, next a Minolta SRT 101 that lasted me 20 years, and about 13 years ago my wife bought me a Nikon FM-10 which was my only till about 5 years ago when I got into the F4's, N-90's, and N-80's. All Af's have been sold and replaced by a Nikon FG was I love. Also replaced my TL-Super a few months back. Never had a slr I did not like:^)

Medium format is a Ricoh Diacord L and use several Yashica rangefinders plus Argus. Also dabble in Polaroid packfilm conversions.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I started with and original Canon F1 and switched to a Nikon F's early on. I could buy used Nikkor lens, couldn't find used Canon FD or BH/Canon lens, where I lived at the time (pre-internet). While I haven't switched from Nikon since (now using a F3HP MD-4 and a EL2 w/winder) I always regretted selling the Canon. Recently sold two black Nikon F's (FTN w/F-36 drive) and while missing them, was offered an outlandish amount of money for them (bought a Zone VI camera, had Richard Ritter add a bail, and 210mm 5.6 Fujinon, and a few other LF odds and ends from the proceeds).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Olympus OM is where my heart lies.

But I have been dallying with a few different Canon EOS bodies recently, due to the AF option, especially when combined with eye controlled focussing.

Not to mention the ridiculously cheap prices of the Canon EOS bodies.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    My main body is also a Nikon F2.

It seems weird, but I've never used or even held a single Canon, Leica, or Hassleblad. Never used a large format either.

I love my dad's Mamiya MSX 1000, I used to borrow it all the time (it's now dead, unfortunately). I want to buy another one, they're very inexpensive. It has a Pentax screw mount, a match needle meter, a fixed focusing screen with a microprism spot (no split prism), and a cloth shutter. The metering system is a little weird, sort of like a large, off-center spot meter, indicated by a little square in the viewfinder, if I'm remembering correctly. My dad's lenses all have manual diaphrams so you have to open up to focus, and then stop down to meter and shoot, which I actually enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since this came out of the 35mm section I will start there. I am primarily a Pentax user. My K1000 gets more use then any of my other 35mm SLRs but my LX runs a close 2nd. If I need something with autofocus then the PZ-1p comes out to play. But I also enjoy Minolta and have several SRT models. In fact I really like the images I get from some of my Rokkor lenses. The 45/2 leaps to mind and my 200mm/2.8. And it is probably the only 35mm I have used where the teleconverter (the 300 S) returns awesome images when mated with the 200. I think that is why I like both Pentax and Minolta. Several of their lenses are very, very special pieces of glass.

If I move to medium format then I am absolutely a Pentax guy because my 645Nii SLR gets more use, by a very large margin, than any other camera I own. IMHO this is one of the best values in the medium format world today and is a very versatile camera. I don't think I have "another" SLR in medium format since all the rest are either rangefinders or TLRs. I guess I could go looking for a Pentax 67 but that probably doesn't count as "other" does it.

(No dear...I am only kidding, I do not intend to go out and buy another camera!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Difficult one.

I don't want to part from my Cosina CSR which I've had since I was a teenager or my other CSR which I inherited from my dad. My CSR served me well for decades - I've still go a lot of the slides and few of them hideously over or under exposed. At the moment, the CSR's haven't been used in ages and one needs new light seals.

But I've recently got the OM2 I always wanted which is about to get it's second roll of film tomorrow. And right now, that one is getting most attention.

I also have another SLR. One of those 'other' SLRs. Strange thing - you take a picture and it pops up on the back.... :-)

But If I were honest, I'd have to say, I don't want to part with any of them.

Chris B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Disregarding the pile of Nikons....

Two Miranda FvT SLRs. Beautifully built solid cameras. The optics are OK, but not stellar.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin