Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,981   Posts: 1,523,801   Online: 1166

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I began as an Olympus OM person, but found the bodies too vulnerable to the rigors of street photography and back-packing I was doing at the time. Next stop was a Nikon F, in many ways the antithesis of the OM ethos. It was beautifully made and certainly robust, but too heavy to be touted as a constant companion. The many years since owning either have been occupied by trying to find the sweet spot between ease of use, lens resolution, cost of system, durability and so on.

Currently my two favourites are the Canon A-Series bodies, principally the A-1, and the Yashica FR. Both do the job asked in different ways. The AF era Nikons are also very usable, if rather characterless compared with their manual era brethren.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Leicaflex with Summicron 50 , I dont use toyota or I dont use tourist cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Started with film about an year ago. OM first and EOS 620 next since I have some EF lenses. Mostly, I shoot with OM.

Looking forward to own heavy-metal MF or 35mm, suggestions are welcome.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ^ 35mm-wise, try a Nikon F2. Very durable cameras, just like the original F. Medium format-wise, a Hasselblad V-series camera would work well. A 500c or 500c/m.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm all Pentax, but I am considering a second series, Minolta, since I've found that there seems to be a fair amount of cheap good glass for those.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Nowadays I'm a Pentaxian through and through ....... but I do have a sneaking admiration for the Yashica TL Electro that dates from the time before I could afford a Spotmatic but could afford the TL Electro and got excellent results from it.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Favorite slr: nikon F3.
    'Other' favorite slr: nikon F.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have two SLR cameras which I never really use, but bought them because I liked their design. One is a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex and the other is a Nikon FM2. But it’s a bit like viewing an image through the middle of a tube. A rangefinder allows you to view above below and side to side before deciding on the composition.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    A rangefinder allows you to view above below and side to side before deciding on the composition.
    And here I thought all along that my SLR viewfinder allowed me to do the same thing. Silly me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    And here I thought all along that my SLR viewfinder allowed me to do the same thing. Silly me.
    I prefer SLR over rangefinders, but with rangefinder you do see around 120-130% of frame or even more, and with SLR 100% at best. Only way is that you have both eyes open when shooting with SLR.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin