Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,749   Online: 803

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, sticking to SLR cameras, I'm a long-time Minolta-guy.

My 1st Minolta was an X-700 in 1991. After a decade of minimal interest in photography, i re-acquired another X-700. However, i quickly moved onward and upward to an SRT202, then SRT102, and my last is an XD-11. I've had multiples of all these, as well as some of the other SRT series and a couple XG series, those were all sold on to other users. I still have an SRT202 and XD-11 plus an extra SRT102 and XD-5, but thats it. My larger investment has been in Minolta Rokkor and Rokkor-X lenses and i have about all the ones i have wanted except an 85mm f1.7 and 100mm f2. One day, but not anytime soon.

However, my "other" SLR camera is my overwhelming favorite film camera - a medium format Mamiya RB67 Pro-S. I absolutely love using this camera!!! I bought the body in EX+ condition from KEH and have since added 2 120 Pro-S backs, an excellent condition 180mm Mamiya f4.5 Sekor C lens and a like-new 65mm f4.5 Mamiya Sekor C lens.

I also use a small-format electric camera quite a bit, but again go back to my Minolta roots even for that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fmajor View Post
    However, my "other" SLR camera is my overwhelming favorite film camera - a medium format Mamiya RB67 Pro-S. I absolutely love using this camera!!! I bought the body in EX+ condition from KEH and have since added 2 120 Pro-S backs, an excellent condition 180mm Mamiya f4.5 Sekor C lens and a like-new 65mm f4.5 Mamiya Sekor C lens.
    I can totally feel you on this! My 'lympuses was my favorite, but i rarely use them now that ive got the exact same camera. the 127 and 50 i have is amazing. Should i get the 180?

Shooter
    35mm
    ;-) Doesn't feel like a mistake to me... But certainly is no substitute for analog!

Shooter
    127 Format
    So far, my only SLR 35mm cameras have all been Olympus OM's. I have a bunch.

But a nice Canon FD 24/2.8 came to live with me and it might be nice to get a body and try it out...
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When I was a kid I bought a Minolta XG1, later suplemented with an X700. As an "adult" I thought buying into a Contax system + Zeiss lenses would improve my picture quality. Ofcourse it didn't. Buying a good tripod did . The Contaxes are a joy to use, but I will never sell my Minolta's. They served me well. I still like to use the X700 with the 85/2.0 which, I think, is a gem in the Minolta MD line-up..

Jaap jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have always been an Olympus guy. I own OM1's, OM4's and an OM10. The Zuiko glass is fantastic. But, last week I bought a Maxxum 7 and I have strayed. It is a seriously beautiful camera and I haven't been able to put it down. I have gotten used to the autofocus and it may be hard to go back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    35mm-wise, I am a dyed-in-the-wool Nikon guy (I have shot my 35mm work exclusively with Nikons since 1979 - F2A/F2AS/F3/F3HP/F4S(but gave it way -TWICE!)/F5/F6). But, when I want to slow down the pace of things and take a more studied approach (landscapes/architecture/some of my "fine art" shooting, etc.), I opt for my other favourite SLR, my 500c/m. There are few things nicer than looking at a decent-sized transparency (ok 4x5/8x10, etc.), or the ease and convenience of printing up the PanF/FP4 negs...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Primary SLR - Canon. Alternate - Hasselblad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In 35mm I have been using a Contax137 MA for many years, loving it's speed and agility. Recently acquired a mint Nikon F100 which is a real blast (except for it's hunger for batteries) and a Canon EL with a 17mm 3.5. They've both expanded my outlook and added to my enjoyment of the 35mm format,

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've always had Canon FDs, because right now they offer the best price/quality ratio on the used market. The FD lenses are very good and totally incompatible with the EOS system, which is a real blessing for us film shooters. My other SLR system is the RB67 - but that is another thing entirely.
    One day I'll have enough money to look into other SLR systems. I find the Pentax LX very appealing. For now, however, I keep what I have.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin