Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,380   Online: 770

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have an alternative SLR as I usually use a rangefinder, but I have been having great fun today with my Canon EOS 50e (with very cheap Agfaphoto Vista 200, only £1.00 per cassette).

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd have to say "currently" to any answer I give, as I have Canon (EOS and FD), Nikon (AF and manual), Minolta MD and autofocus, Pentax K both AF and manual, Olympus OM, Yashica (AF and manual), Mamiya, Fujica and several M42 mount 35mm SLRs in my collection. I trot out whatever suits my fancy that day. These things are dirt cheap now, mostly, so I end up with multiples sometimes. I have five Canon AE-1's somehow. They all work. My Yashica's have grown to 6 somehow, and not one of them is a lemon - though the FR-II needs a bit of love to return to glory.

I guess I have no primary system, so no alternate system. Excepting Canon's T-90, Fujica's AX-3, and any Pentax ME-ish camera, I haven't found fault with any brand or body.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon 1st camera, Nikon 2nd camera, but I do have a few Ricohs that I've been given over the years that impressed me and use them when I worry for the safety of my gear

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't want to own several different manufacturers equipment, all I want is all my lenses to fit and work correctly on all my S.L.R. body's.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, Olympus OM is my regular platform but I have always been enraptured by half frame cameras so I shoot a Pen F quite a bit.

I do have 3 other SLR brands. A Sears (Ricoh KR5) with a 50 f2, bought because it was only $5, and a Fujica ST605n body purchased because I had picked up a Super Tak 50 1.4 and 135 f3.5 cheap and I needed a M42 body to mount them on. The third one was a gifted but inoperative Konica FS1 with 28 f3.5, 50 f1.4 and 80~200 f4.5 Konica lenses. I replaced a missing contact in the battery compartment with a bit of shim brass and it works fine now.

Of the three I like the Fujica best although the shutter seems loud to me.

To be honest, I've never loaded a roll in the Konica, just too much going on.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well I'm a Canon guy, my backup to my EOS 1V is my AE-1 FD mount camera...

My "other" SLR is a Mamiya RZ67 medium format SLR...

Those are the only SLR's I bother with. The best
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon F3HP is my main, other SLR use to be my Nikon FE, although I since picked up another F3 (non HP).
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have several SLR systems. Lately, my favorite "other" camera is a Minolta XD 11. I really like using it with the compact 45/2.

I like how it handles. I think its size is just about perfect for my hands. And I think the controls are intelligently laid out. The one thing that it lacks is an On-Off switch, so you always have to be careful that there isn't anything resting on top of the camera, specifically the shutter release.

I reskinned it using material from Aki-Asahi. I was going to use the other guy in the U.S., but I actually wanted to receive my order.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Nikons and Canons are my "other" cameras. For SLR, I prefer the screw-mount Yashica and Pentax cameras. But I use rangefinders, scale focus, or point and shoot cameras more than SLR.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't have another SLR. Well, I do have some M42 toys but I never really use them. The only non-Nikon 35mm gear I have and use is the Hexar AF, but it's not and can't be a replacement for my F3/F100. And it's not an SLR.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin