Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,535   Online: 966

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Your favorite 'other' slr.

I've only been a member of APUG for slightly more than a year and I don't know if this has been discussed, so...

Let's say you are a Nikon guy or a Minolta gal, you absolutely love the brand, BUT you have another slr from another manufacturer that you would never part with.

I've used a lot of slr brands but I would have to categorize myself as a Pentaxian, I just really like their slrs especially the Spotmatics up to the LX. However, I have a Nikkormat FTN that I really like and I can't see myself ever parting with. Not only is it a great camera but I can see it being very handy using it against muggers.

Chris
    Last edited by Chrismat; 07-21-2012 at 07:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'm a Nikon gal, ever since I got my first FE, and I don't think I would ever change for 35mm. But I do use a Bronica SQAi -- does it count if it's a different format? I just love the square, and it's often hard for me to choose over one or the other when I come across different scenes that I like.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In 35mm, I'm a long-time Canon user (could just as well have turned out a Nikon or Contax user, but I started with Canon, and it made sense not to switch), but my favorite other SLR is my 5x7" Press Graflex.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I initially meant just 35mm (my bad), but for other formats, I just got a 2 1/4 Kowa SixMM slr, that lens is just bitingly sharp.

But I would like to hear what other 35mm brands people like.
    Last edited by Chrismat; 07-21-2012 at 07:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a long time Nikon enthusiast. I used to have a Minolta X700 that I really enjoyed. I recently purchased a Canon A1 and it is wonderful. Used a lot of Canon cameras back in the 70s.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rolleiflex 35mm SL3003 series and 'other' cameras are Yashica FX3 2000.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All my 35mm SLR s are Canon FD, I rationalized my equipment about twenty five years ago, and stuck to one system ever since.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am a current Nikon user but still have several old Minolta cameras. I have X700, X370, and several Minolta lenses.
    Marvin

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon, ever since my first FM2n, Titanium Shutter. That was my first "real" camera - purchased brand new on the recommendation of Terry Ernst, owner of Ernst Camera Shoppe in Port Huron, MI. He is still in business, still processing film for me. This carried over into my dSLRs as well. I do consider getting a K1000 every so often, some good friends of mine had these way back when and really liked them.

It is amazing how your first purchase can so influence your subsequent purchases, even if you didn't accumulate an extensive accessory collection. Always been happy with Nikon SLRs, never found a reason to consider others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot Nikon and Pentax 35mm.

Nikon is my favorite because of its larger number of lenses and accessories.

Pentax is my favorite “other” SLR because of its small size and weight.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5349100247/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo 071425 sml.JPG  

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin