Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,541   Online: 1090

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Konica FT-1 Motor worth repairing?

I picked up a FT-1 with a Hexanon 50mm f/1.8 at Goodwill today for $5. When I got home and put in new batteries it will load the film, but none of the LEDs in the viewfinder light up and the shutter won't fire. Is it worth getting this camera fixed? I'm on a medical disability so I don't have a lot of money to spend. And if I can do it cheap enough, where can I send it off to for the work? I'm lethal to cameras when I have a screwdriver in my hands, so fixing it myself is completely out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might want to contact Greg Weber at webercamera.com, he is an expert on Konica cameras. I just had a Konica Autoreflex T cla'd by him.

Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Greg Weber is the best repair guy for Konica but you can get a FT-1 from KEH Camera in EX condition for $62.10. Which would be like new. http://www.keh.com/camera/Konica-35m...990365110?r=FE and have it in a day or two. It's a great camera I have one and the glass is excellent.
    Dave

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    On the other hand you could go to shopgoodwill.com and wait for another Konica

David

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin