Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,530   Posts: 1,572,467   Online: 1047

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    Never make any judgements based on a negative scan. Get something printed.
    Never make judgements on any scan or print. Shoot slides.

I have about a half dozen 50f1.8's. They are all good lenses. On one occassion I did compare the earlier versions to the MIJ, and the MIJ was noticeably sharper. In fact, I stopped using the MIJ because it kept cutting my fingers. :-)

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
    JPD- I think about cameras the same way. I just see how they work in all kinds of situations. You didn't get the photo order quite right. The first pic is actually the Yashica hand held although I was resting my elbows on the next bike along.
    I have a collection of Rollei TLR's, Retinas and folders, different models and different lenses, and when I have learned how they behave in different situations I pick the camera I feel suits me and the situation for the day. A simpler three element lens can have a certain "something".

One interesting camera is the Zeiss Ikon Box Tengor, that I hope to buy some day. It has a two element achromatic lens, but if you look at pictures taken with one (plenty of them on the net), you can easily fool someone and say that they were taken with a Leica and Summicron.

That Yashica lens is pretty good, and the dog portrait taken with Planar is nice. The shallow depth of field and suspicious gaze gives the portrait character.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin