Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,250   Online: 754

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

I am very happy today!!!!

Today I went to a "antiques" shop in which I had seen yesterday a Yashica Electro 35 GN which I was going today to buy it as it was in good condition and they were asking 20 euro for it. So I went but unfortunately they had sold it, but they had brought 3-4 Nikon F90x bodies and a Olympus OM-10 body which was working but it was missing the baseplate!!! I asked them if they had other cameras except those I have seen and they told me they had in their car. So I went to see them. In a box they had a Pentax ME, a Nikon F90X, a Fujica AX-1(I am not sure about it), a Minolta XG-9 and a Nikon FE-2 with a Soligor winder in very good condition!!!! So I am the happy owner of a Nikon FE-2 with a a Nikkor lens(1:1.8/50 Nikkor) and a Soligor winder for only 50 euros.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FE-2 is a very nice camera. Run some film through it and enjoy!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow! Nice find.

Shooter
    35mm
    I forgot to mention that according to them, all this stuff belonged to someone who has died and his son sold these cameras to this shop, and they would sell all this stuff to a collector. So I must consider myself lucky to find this camera at the right moment.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You will really grow to love the FE2. I have an FE and it is a terrific camera!
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice find. I'd be happy, too. Now go shoot some film and make yourself REALLY happy
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great! Now enjoy them and shoot!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Goes to show how important is to ask for more ;-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Bad news guys! I bought two LR-44 1.5V batteries but the camera does not work. So what is the best way to clean the battery contacts;(the camera had inside two batteries that seems to have leaked).
    If it isnt the battery contacts the cause of this problem, then how much it will cosr me to repair it;

Shooter
    35mm
    I had a FM with a non-functioning light meter. I sent it to Garry's Camera Repair for a CLA and repair if it could all be done for the cost of the CLA. Garry wasn't sure he could repair the meter, said it depended on what was wrong. Turned out it was a badly corroded (vitually destroyed) battery compartment. He performed the complete CLA and rebuilt the battery compartment for $53. It is slightly different than original, but works fine. If it were mine, I would send it in for an estimate. Garry was very responsive to my inquiries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin