Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,589   Online: 1175

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EOS3--battery?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing really wrong with 2CR5 batteries in a functional sense, but they are expensive and have a shorter life than rechargeables. And not as commonly found in many countries.
    One thing to avoid with 2CR5s in EOS bodies that use them (EOS 3, EOS 5/Elan, 1N among others)is any lens with an image stabiliser on it that takes power from the 2CR5 in the camera: it will drain the battery very quickly. Not as commonly reported now with more modern reserved lenses, but the major culprit I am aware of is Canon's old 75-300mm IS tele lens (around 1995; still common on the second hand market). Other pricier lenses in the L-series range are a bit easier on power but image stabilisation will still tax a 2CR5, hence many cameras use or offer alternative power sources, like the power drive booster (8 AA alkaline or AA lithium).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Nothing really wrong with 2CR5 batteries in a functional sense, but they are expensive and have a shorter life than rechargeables. And not as commonly found in many countries.
    I bought a new EOS body 2 years ago, the battery cost more than the camera !!!!!!!!

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I bought a new EOS body 2 years ago, the battery cost more than the camera !!!!!!!!

Ian

!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    CR5 batteries are common items on the discount battery internet sites - at much lower prices than the ones in stores.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    I usually buy them in packs of 10 for ca. 35€ including shipping - lasts ca. 5 years for me.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin