Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,704   Online: 903

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Konica Autoflex T..

My folks just gave me their old Konica AutoFlex T that had been sitting gathering dust in my Brother's house (literally...I need to clean the case and everything up.) When I saw it I immediately recognized the camera strap they had put on it years ago. Anyway, they also had a flash (cold shoe), telephoto lens (looks like 8-80 ft.) , telconverter, filters, etc. I even found there is a roll of film in there...we'll see when I finish it...there are about six pictures left. Fortunately all the manuals were also there. I also have to find out what kind of batteries I can use since what I saw it had originally used mercury batteries.
    This will be an interesting thing to try out..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mercury batteries.
    But you could use Weincell batteries: MRB675.

Go check out this chart:
    http://www.weincell.com/weinchart.htm

Or maybe alkaline batteries, although an adjustment with the ASA dial would be worth done by 1 or 2 stops, taking into account it takes 2 batteries to get the lightmeter on. In that very case, I wish someone more knowledgeable tell us about it.
    Last edited by Photo-gear; 08-05-2012 at 09:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ordered them on amazon! tnx!

Shooter
    35mm
    I am not sure if my sample is typical but the amount of pressure needed to fire the shutter is well beyond any other body in my toolbox. Can you confirm if this is true?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    I am not sure if my sample is typical but the amount of pressure needed to fire the shutter is well beyond any other body in my toolbox. Can you confirm if this is true?

I noticed this with one I tried, pity since the Hexanon lenses were up there with the best.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I didn't notice that but I only tried one shot. Just spoke with my Dad and he did get a chuckle when I told him there is still film in there. Not sure if it's his film or my Bros...we'll see. I'm almost certain it's color as my Dad never bought B/W when he was using it (or for any of his cameras once color film became readily available (there was some B/W when I was an baby/toddler but not much later.)

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't particularly mind that the shutter requires a very long travel and takes quite a bit of pressure to release - possibly exacerbating camera shake, as much as I just want to know that is by design as opposed to my having a poor sample. I just happened to notice this while exercising all the shutter speeds manually to make sure they are all accurate and this was obvious compared to a Minolta XD-11 and SR-1 that I was also testing. From what I have read, the Auto-Reflex is known for this and subsequent models have smoother shutters shorter throw. Interestingly enough, the 1968 Autoreflex T is my oldest camera with mirror lock-up function with self timer which should help the camera shake concern.

BTW, externally the Autoreflex T & T2 are both labeled Autoreflex T and you will have to confirm the differences between the two at Konica Autoreflex T / T2 Differences
    Last edited by Les Sarile; 08-06-2012 at 06:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have owned an Autoreflex T and never noticed a problem with the shutter release. If you want to keep it you may want to contact Greg Weber for a cla. He is an expert on all things Konica. He will also adjust the meter so it will take regular 1.5 silver oxide batteries.
    Webercamera.com.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Les, Thanks for the link...it's clearly the T2 based on their description. I too am glad for the tip about Greg Weber..thanks Chris! Depending on the state of camera once I open it up it might need a CLA as well.
    Last edited by cepwin; 08-06-2012 at 08:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrismat View Post
    If you want to keep it you may want to contact Greg Weber for a cla. He is an expert on all things Konica. He will also adjust the meter so it will take regular 1.5 silver oxide batteries.
    Webercamera.com.
    Nice to know.
    I have two Konicas (T3n and FT-1).
    Thanx!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin