Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,806   Online: 1039

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Just F

To me there is only one Nikon F, the original with no numbers after it. I dropped mine and need to have it repaired. That was in 1974. I regularly use Nikkormats and recently obtained great vintage lenses by Nikkor -- 50mm f1.4, 20mm f 2.8 and 80-200 f2.8. I keep a film camera in my car trunk at all times and its an N2000. The batteries last for years. I need to find somebody to fix a really old F with the heavy motor drive. But first I have to check out my "brand new" Rolleiflex, circa 1956. It is in beautiful shape.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    Who? Going where? Waiting wha'?
    Who = Sover Wong. Where = The UK. Waiting = waiting for the trip to the post office. :-P
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snapguy View Post
    To me there is only one Nikon F, the original with no numbers after it. I dropped mine and need to have it repaired. That was in 1974. I regularly use Nikkormats and recently obtained great vintage lenses by Nikkor -- 50mm f1.4, 20mm f 2.8 and 80-200 f2.8. I keep a film camera in my car trunk at all times and its an N2000. The batteries last for years. I need to find somebody to fix a really old F with the heavy motor drive. But first I have to check out my "brand new" Rolleiflex, circa 1956. It is in beautiful shape.
    Sover Wong works on F bodies as well. A lot of things on the F did not change when Nikon went to the improved F2... (I love my F, but, the F2AS is quite a bit nicer, I'm afraid).

http://soverf2repair.webs.com - send him an email and get the camera ready to go to him. Expect to have an F that works better than it did when you bought it, if you bought it new.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah, who could own an F2 and not use it?

Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago (with the 105mm f/2.5). Now the sun's coming out at last, and I plan to run a test roll through it. Whee! My main cameras are Olympus OM-1n x 2, but it's sheer delight to be able to own and use such a magnificent classic as the F2. Mine will certainly get "regular occasional" outings.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Looks awesome..

I would love to score one of these camera's. With all the talk and thumbs up on the durability and other aspects, I'm really getting the itch.

ToddB

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    I would love to score one of these camera's. With all the talk and thumbs up on the durability and other aspects, I'm really getting the itch.

ToddB
    40 Hail Marie's

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post

ToddB
    Jump! You won't regret it. The F2 is arguably one of/if not Nikon's best. Solid, dependable, adaptable and durable: pick one up, have it "Soverized," and you will have a camera that will last you a lifetime (I love them so much that I have 12...lol).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Jump! You won't regret it. The F2 is arguably one of/if not Nikon's best. Solid, dependable, adaptable and durable: pick one up, have it "Soverized," and you will have a camera that will last you a lifetime (I love them so much that I have 12...lol).
    sigh... and i was always embarrassed to admit to my four

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
    sigh... and i was always embarrassed to admit to my four
    Heck, I was thinking my two were too much! Then again can't seem to get myself to sell one because I cannot decide on which one!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    Heck, I was thinking my two were too much! Then again can't seem to get myself to sell one because I cannot decide on which one!
    oi, i sure know the pain. was strapped for cash last rent day, took some pictures of one F2, put a craigslist ad together, looked at the pictures, deleted the ad, went to the health section and put up an ad for a kidney instead... miraculosly, i managed with the rent somehow, kept the kidney... fingers crossed

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin