Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,981   Online: 745

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hard to believe but my Sover-ized F2A has been with me for 10 years now after Sover worked on it. Meter is still a bit jumpy but still smooth tough and accurate as the day i got it back from him. Worth every penny.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does anyone still use their Nikon F2 regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    Hard to believe but my Sover-ized F2A has been with me for 10 years now after Sover worked on it. Meter is still a bit jumpy but still smooth tough and accurate as the day i got it back from him. Worth every penny.
    Interesting you mention this. I have two F2's with DP-1 finders. Cameras work great - one chrome one black. Meters are accurate but a little jumpy and sometimes need some initial prodding to get started. I was thinking to send to Sover to get an overhaul and to hopefully fix the meter jumpiness but if they are working fine and with you reporting the meters still being jumpy even after being "Soverized" I'm hesitant and wondering if it's even needed...thoughts anyone?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Richard:

Only DP-1s from 1975 with serial numbers 60xxxx and above have factory installed wire cladded ring resistors, similar to the ones in the DP-11s. The earlier carbon ring resistors wear out much quicker than the wirewound ones. At their end-of-life, the DP-1 meters tend to be jumpy or stuck at each end. The carbon ring resistors can be cleaned, and brought back to life again, but they will eventually wear out and become jumpy again. The wire cladded ring resistors, however, can last a life time. Some DP-1s had their carbon ring resistors replaced with the wire cladded ring resistors, and they will last a life time too.
    From Solver Wong website.
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Mine was/is heavily used camera from (I think) former sports pro, it was worked on and slightly modified over the years and the jumpiness is consistently between 1/125 and 1/750 which would be consistent with heavy sports use. I've learned to just meter at 1/60 or 1/2000 and count back if I need between those shutter speeds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got minne used in 1980, until Rhen hade only a medium-format camera. The F2 has recently got a CLA and new mirror samling. Originally I hade a 35mm f/2 and a 85mm f/1.8 (used). A few Yeats ago I replced the lenses by Möre recent mulicoted lenses.
    Carl

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Richard:

From Solver Wong website.
    Thanks. Mine are 43xxxx and 48xxxx. I'll test them out more and maybe decide to send them off to Sover after all.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Was really lucky and picked up a late F2 body in black was £69 no prism ! Sover to the rescue with a DE1 a few years back never sent it in as it was and is working fine. Now have just picked up an F2AS, film though shows no issues but to protect the investment both are with Sover. A gentleman to deal with even e-mailed to say they had arrived safely two weeks to wait approx. I suspect money well spent.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

Photographer not a job description - a diagnosis.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sover sent my F2 back to me on May 9, which means I should be getting it back this week, depending on the vagaries of both our postal services.

Kinda excited....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    Thanks. Mine are 43xxxx and 48xxxx. I'll test them out more and maybe decide to send them off to Sover after all.
    Mine is 33xxx but only the battery test is a problem, the button only works intermittently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had a slightly worn chrome F2 with DP-1 for a good while and recently picked up an chrome F2 with plain prism. If I understood the woman I bought it from, it was used by her late husband to take a few pictures every Christmas and may have only had 6 rolls thru it since new. The seals were bad but I replaced them and tested the shutter speeds which seemed ok. It has a roll of Delta400 in it right now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin