Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,665   Online: 902

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Thanks, Richard. But I was asking about the resistor, not the CdS cell, but I'm just as tickled to know I can get new cells. Thanks for the link.
    I did not think there were any spare DP-1 resistors the replacements are for later meters?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmarc View Post
    ...tell tale signs of shutter bounce.

...I photographed an immigration march...
    motorized or hand-cranked?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Vilk, this was hand cranked. The F2's have a well deserved reputation, but eventually time catches up and these cameras, as great as they were, are awful long in the tooth and given that they were the pro level in the Nikon line, many may have seen heavy use. These days, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one. I went with the F3 simply because they are newer and I figured they have less mileage on 'em and so far I've had less headaches with them. I'll probably sell my two F2 bodies to KEH for parts; one even has a DE-1 finder which if things have not changed is probably worth more then the body its attached to.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My last F3P had shutter bounce issues, just like my backup F2AS. So, it can happen on the later cameras as well.

Maybe see if Sover would take your two F2 bodies in trade for one that is in good working order. I bet he would do that.

With respect to the DP-1 resistors, I suspect he does have some on hand, either as new old stock, or in parts DP-11 finders.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    i asked because on both occasions when i saw irregular shutter behaviour it was me setting wrong speeds on the MD-2. overall, i've had more troubles with F3s, that's why i kept none of them while i still rotate my four F2s regularly. go figure... but generally, yes, i agree with your argument, can't wait for that one half-decent digicam that will make me honourably discharge the F2s

Shooter
    Large Format
    .i can open up a camera and tell if it was a used-up up pro camera. A lot of times you can tell just by looking at it. I wouldn't give up on F2's just yet.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    HiTom

But you take yours apart yourself Sover says buy a replacement F2 when the shutter needs replacing I just used fabric paint on mine.

Repair costs can be large.

The paint is ok on pin prick damage.

Noel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My F2 just arrived from Sover Wong in the UK. Very nice so far.

-Looks better than it did, he cleaned it up very well.
    -Advance much smoother than it was.
    -Light meter isn't jumpy now.

So far is very good.
    Now has a full role of Fuji Pro 160S.......we'll see!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    My F2 just arrived from Sover Wong in the UK. Very nice so far.
    Just transferred payment to sover for my F2AS. Really interesting to see the pics of the finder opened up, I wouldn't do that myself. He described it as quite dusty, if that is quite I would hate to see very. Ring resistor not bad but replaced as it can only deteriorate, looking forward to the return, at least mine is internal UK.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

Photographer not a job description - a diagnosis.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Livsey View Post
    Just transferred payment to sover for my F2AS. Really interesting to see the pics of the finder opened up, I wouldn't do that myself. He described it as quite dusty, if that is quite I would hate to see very. Ring resistor not bad but replaced as it can only deteriorate, looking forward to the return, at least mine is internal UK.
    I just finished working on my first DP1 finder a few days ago. What a bag of worms. But I did a beautiful job. and it now works perfectly. Before, the needle was bobbing all over the place, and inaccurate when it wasn't wiggling everywhere. Boy, was that an exercise in patience.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin